Must have extra's for ebike my two cents

tym

Jul 18, 2024
Abingdon Illinois
While upgrading my ebike there are two things I found to be the most useful. First a rear facing camera. Its just so nice being able to see whats coming up behind you. I paid like 90 bucks for one of the better ones with a 10 hour battery life. Or so they claim. While I had to get a handle bar extender, my handle bars just don't have much room. So worth it knowing what is coming up behind me. I had no idea a rear facing camera was even an option for a ebike.

The second I find the repair stand to be So useful. I dont really have a repair shop close to me at all. The joys of living in the midwest in a town with one stop light and two gas stations. I paid 120 for mine. It will hold my ebike just fine. Claims 110 pounds max. Folds up nice and takes little room. Just makes working on my bike SO much easier.

Anyone else have any tips for "Must Have Extras" There has to be other things out there that allot of us new to ebikes are unaware of.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
While upgrading my ebike there are two things I found to be the most useful. First a rear facing camera. Its just so nice being able to see whats coming up behind you. I paid like 90 bucks for one of the better ones with a 10 hour battery life. Or so they claim. While I had to get a handle bar extender, my handle bars just don't have much room. So worth it knowing what is coming up behind me. I had no idea a rear facing camera was even an option for a ebike.

The second I find the repair stand to be So useful. I dont really have a repair shop close to me at all. The joys of living in the midwest in a town with one stop light and two gas stations. I paid 120 for mine. It will hold my ebike just fine. Claims 110 pounds max. Folds up nice and takes little room. Just makes working on my bike SO much easier.

Anyone else have any tips for "Must Have Extras" There has to be other things out there that allot of us new to ebikes are unaware of.
I'm intrigued about this rear view camera, I don't ride on the road (apart between trails) got any pictures.

tym

Jul 18, 2024
Abingdon Illinois
Im sorry, I am not 100 percent sure how to post a pictue?? If you google Atovanka rear view camera you can not only find youtube video reviews, but as well it should give you a link to buy it at amazon. The display is kinda big, thats why I have a handle bar extender. The night vision on mine is amazing.

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland

I like seeing behind too, without constantly wrenching my neck round, I have been using a mirror from busch und müller, but the ball joint always gets loose after a few weeks, total crap. A better alternative and a third of the price is the one from decathlon, with a screw down joint, rather than a ball joint. Comes with night vision too!

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
Waterproof cover for the display (Kiox First Gen off eBay), a short leash to attach the display to the handlebars so it doesn't disappear if it gets knocked off and spare batteries for the controller, display and AXS if you have it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles