Mullet question

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I mullet my Levo at the weekend and although I wouldn’t say there are any bad or negitvie reasons for doing it, I can’t actually feel any different to speed or turn in whatsoever and feel a waste of time to me

zimblake did a time comparison in 27.5 vs 29 and the 27.5 was only very slightly quicker and he is a pro rider of course

to me there’s nothing in it

maybe I am not aggressive enough rider

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I'm considering doing it to stop scraping my arse on the back wheel on steeper stuff, but not sure I can be bothered with it due to having to get the software updated to change the wheel size.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I'm considering doing it to stop scraping my arse on the back wheel on steeper stuff, but not sure I can be bothered with it due to having to get the software updated to change the wheel size.
that's one good reason. If it isn't a purpose built mullet bike you won't be getting the handling characteristics of a shorter chain stay length - so it kind of seems a pointless exercise unless you want the bum factor and geometry changes.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
According to Rob's review of the Sam2 where he fitted a 27.5 wheel instead of the 29er and didn't alter the flip chip, it made an amazing difference. The head angle was slacker by over 1 deg and the result was confidence inspiring on the descents. It made no difference on the climbs, that he mentioned. It was a modification that he highly recommended.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles