Levo SL Gen 1 Motor reliability

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Hi. Looking into getting a Levo SL.
Is the motor on the SL generally more reliable than the Turbo Levo?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Yes it is Definitely

At the moment the sl motor has proved very Reliable with hardy any failures , compared to the full fat Levo

SL Motor is made by Mahle and uses all gears
Full fat is made by Brose and uses a belt

(The belt is one / was one of the issue in the past with the turbo Levo motor failing )

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yes, very few failures. Still some, but probably the most reliable motor there is at the moment. Invariably it's a faulty switch or something rather than the motor on the SL bikes.

Dave_B

Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies.
I’m stuck on the reach measurements...... the bike is for my son who has been riding a SC Hightower, large frame, 470mm reach. The SL is either 455 (which sounds short) or 481 which sounds long.
I’m erring on the XL with a 35mm length stem.

Dave_B

Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Actually, the Hightower is 473mm reach, so I think the Levo SL XL is the right choice.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I think your be ok

I am 6ft 4 and had a xl but it felt very small to me for my size but the sl didn’t come in a xxl / s6 size

Dave_B

Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Looking at Geometry geek, I’m starting to think the XL will be generally too big for him. He rode a turbo Levo size large around coed-y-Brendan and liked it. So maybe the SL in Large would be the right choice......
image.jpg

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire
Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies.
I’m stuck on the reach measurements...... the bike is for my son who has been riding a SC Hightower, large frame, 470mm reach. The SL is either 455 (which sounds short) or 481 which sounds long.
I’m erring on the XL with a 35mm length stem.

I have a 20198 SC Hightower LT size XL. My Levo SL is size large and feels pretty similar in size. I'm a smidge over 6 feet tall. I suggest you have a sit on them first. For me the SL size XL felt too big. I also had a 2020 size large Levo which also felt bang on the money.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles