Kenevo Gen1 Motor covers

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I got my bike back after three and a half weeks in shop getting new motor. I turned it upside down to find quite a significant gap between cover and main part (see photo). Since I think one wants to do everything to keep water out of motor and under the bottom bracket is where a lot of water gets thrown up by front wheel I want to seal this gap. First thing is to tighten the bolts up properly (why shop did not do this I don’t know) but I also thought I would either coat the edges of the cover with silicone or I thought of using some thin draft excluder. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this. Strangely, the shop said that Specialized said my Wu seatpost would not be covered by warranty because it was more than two years old, which was very odd since the shop has original receipt which clearly shows that it is less than two years old. Since Specialized have replaced the motor under warranty it’s strange that they would not cover another part. Anyway, the shop is going to chase it up but there is obviously some sort of breakdown in communication going on.
842DD02B-CC5B-4DE5-9602-88975B0CE42D.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles