More tubeless Questions.

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Hi guys,
I have been using tubeless for the last year. Installed Cushcore about two months ago.
Managed to get a puncture out on the trail a couple of days ago that Stan’s couldn’t cope with.
Thought I would remove the Cushcore and instal a tube, YEAH RIGHT.
Not without plenty of soapy water. What a job. At least Cushcore enabled me to slowly ride back to the car without rim damage.
All the hassle I’ve had I’ve gone back to tubes, a hell of a lot easier and quicker to fix a flat out on the trail.
Rode with tubes again for the first time yesterday. Tubeless and Cushcore is certainly a much nicer ride.

I guess the best option for a quick repair would be to use plugs. Never tried them.
Can the tyres be re used or are they stuffed after using plugs.?
Even thought of injecting Stan’s into the tubes, may help minimizing the mess.
Any ideas?

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
I tried tubeless but it's a bloody mess when you have to fit a tube out in the field. I'm back on tubes now with a load of tyre slime in. I had hardly any punctures with tubes and slime but I do put double the slime in compared to what it's said on the bottle.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I’ve ridden with 3 plugs in one tyre. It’s as good as any fix, some people don’t them aesthetically afterwards. They are brilliant, quick and cheap! Obviously, if you have sidewalk damage your still stuffed.

It’s a risk/reward thing in my opinion.

I fancy a cushcore but for the reason you’ve just mentioned I haven’t.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles