Mission Control Mission control keeps disconnecting

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
When I connect with MC it goes into a loop of disconnecting and reconnecting about every five seconds. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, deleted the bike from the app, turned my phone off and on. When I go to add a bike it finds it even with the battery switched off - I thought it connected via the battery when it was on. I still have the old version on my phone and this works OK but obviously I am not activating this when trying to use the latest one. I want to keep the old one as I can change the circumference of the wheel, which I can't do in the latest one. Any ideas?

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Finally found the problem (saw it on another forum). It seems that Fitbit devices interfere with MC. I don’t have any problem with my Garmin edge and Fitbit, so this must be a bug in MC. I moved far enough away from any other Bluetooth devices connecting with my phone and then both the old and new version of MC were stable enough for me to change my eco mode to have more support. With standard 20% I can hardly feel anything so hardly ever use it. With 30% there is enough support for gentle hills at the same time preserving battery compared to Trail.

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
I'm having trouble with mine. Fitbit was acting odd too. First I've heard of Fitbit issue. Can't remember what Fitbit was doing, but I do recall wondering if there was some interference at the time.

KenGPS

Aug 9, 2020
Alaska, USA
Finally found the problem (saw it on another forum). It seems that Fitbit devices interfere with MC. I don’t have any problem with my Garmin edge and Fitbit, so this must be a bug in MC. I moved far enough away from any other Bluetooth devices connecting with my phone and then both the old and new version of MC were stable enough for me to change my eco mode to have more support. With standard 20% I can hardly feel anything so hardly ever use it. With 30% there is enough support for gentle hills at the same time preserving battery compared to Trail.
What other forum mentions Fitbit?

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles