Levo Gen 2 Mission Control / Cube Purion Tuning

T8COH

Oct 16, 2021
Dundee
When tuning a 2021 Levo Turbo I’m wondering what settings I would use to get a similar power to the Cube Eco Mode / Tour / Turbo mode . Again any advice very much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
In terms of pedal assist/max setting on the Levo to be similar to a 85nm Bosch Gen 4 modes I would guess something like

LEVO Gen 4
Eco 20%/35% ( Gen 4 ECO)
Trail 30%/85% ( Gen 4 Tour)
Turbo 90%/100% ( Gen 4 Turbo)

Gen 4 has EMTB mode however. I have both a Levo and a Gen 4 bike and I spend most of the time on the trails in trail on the Levo and EMTB on the other bike so those are the 2 modes I would want to be roughly similar. The problem is however that EMTB provides a relatively smooth progression of motor power up to its maximum whereas trhe Levo Trail mode enables the pedal assist motor power selected to be easilly accessed but progression from there to whatever is set as maximum get pretty hard to access.

To make Trail more like Gen 4 EMTB I would set Levo Trail as 40%/85%.

Note also Gen4 needs a higher cadence than the Levo to get roughly the same motor output.

T8COH

Oct 16, 2021
Dundee
In terms of pedal assist/max setting on the Levo to be similar to a 85nm Bosch Gen 4 modes I would guess something like

LEVO Gen 4
Eco 20%/35% ( Gen 4 ECO)
Trail 30%/85% ( Gen 4 Tour)
Turbo 90%/100% ( Gen 4 Turbo)

Gen 4 has EMTB mode however. I have both a Levo and a Gen 4 bike and I spend most of the time on the trails in trail on the Levo and EMTB on the other bike so those are the 2 modes I would want to be roughly similar. The problem is however that EMTB provides a relatively smooth progression of motor power up to its maximum whereas trhe Levo Trail mode enables the pedal assist motor power selected to be easilly accessed but progression from there to whatever is set as maximum get pretty hard to access.

To make Trail more like Gen 4 EMTB I would set Levo Trail as 40%/85%.

Note also Gen4 needs a higher cadence than the Levo to get roughly the same motor output.

Thanks very much for that information that’s helped me loads , I will try those settings next , I had trail set at 35/70 so will tweak that .
The Cube just seemed so simple to use over mission control but will hone it in .
Cheers

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
In my experience Eco and Tour are pretty feeble on a Gen 4. EMTB is a good setting and turbo is........well turbo! Probably why it seems most people just run the Gen 4 in EMTB virtually all the time. Mission control for a Levo gives the opportunity to make all 3 modes useful. Even so I spend the vast majority of time on the Levo in trail so I have it set at 50/100 with Eco at 35/50 and turbo at 100/100. For me that translates into trail for virtually everything offroad except the steepest climbs which call for turbo. I use Eco only on tarmac...and tarmac is something I rarely ride and a void like the plague!!

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
When tuning a 2021 Levo Turbo I’m wondering what settings I would use to get a similar power to the Cube Eco Mode / Tour / Turbo mode . Again any advice very much appreciated and thanks in advance.
This might be useful

F66D4101-E60D-4385-A9C8-A875CBDCE63F.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles