Message 113121, no smartphone connection

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I keep getting message 113121. Not every time I'm out on the bike, but perhaps once in 2-3 rides. I have no display, only the Led Remote (which goes orange when this happens).
When I check my phone, I get a message on the flow app, telling me that there is no connection to the phone. But the phone is in my pocket, as it has been for the whole ride.
Then I have to turn off the bike, turn it on agan. This isn't enough, I have to "wake up" the flow app for the phone to reconnect.

The same happens every time I turn the bike on, I always have to operate the flow app in some way to get it to connect.

I have a Huawei phone running the latest Android. The Bosch parts in the bike are also upgraded lately. It was like this befor the upgrade, it is like this after the upgrade. I guess the phone is to blame?

I guess its wise that the Bosch Flow app doesn't scan Bluethooth for the bike continously, but it would be nice it if could connect / reconnect without actually having to go to the flow app every time (when the Flow app is already running).

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I'm not familiar with android but on iphone you need to setup the flow app to

"use background app refresh"
"allow location whilst using"

On iphone I never have any disconnection issues in 16 months of riding.

It sounds like your phone bluetooth is disconnecting during the ride or going into some sort of sleep mode and loses connection to the LED remote. Not sure what settings to change to fix it though?

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
the phone is in my pocket,

I can confirm your symptoms. What you describe is EXACTLY what I experienced when I first got my bike with the Bosch system. I'd set it up in my garage, go for a spin down the street to check it out, and in an eighth of a mile and the display would turn red. It was very predictable. Pivot didn't know the answer. Bosch didn't know the answer. It took a few hours to figure out, but you can't program your bike with your phone and leave it sitting on the workbench when you go for a test run.

The first thing I would check is that you have the latest Flow App installed on your phone, and the latest firmware running on your bike. Connectivity is MUCH improved over the previous versions.

If everything is up-to-date, can you borrow another phone to try while you're riding?

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
Thanks for the suggestions. I have now allowed the Flow app access to the camera and storage. Earlier, it was only allowed access to the position.

Went out for a 20km ride yesterday evening, didn't loose connection. But on the other hand, it didn't loose connection on every ride earlier either.

So time will tell if there is any improvement.

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
After I gave the Flow app access to everything it wants (and seems to need) I haven't had the problem. I have only done 4 rides (approx 60km) so far with the new settings, but as I said, no problems so far.

I have even experienced situations where the flow app connects to the bike while the phone sits in my pocket (when I turn the bike on, I have always had to activate the Flow app in some way to get it to connect). I notice this easily, as I have enabled the eBike lock. No connection, no ride.
So I would say there is an improvement.
Thanks for the help

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles