Article Merida EX Enduro returns in September 2020

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Merida EX is back in 2020. A few guys from EMTB Forums had a great event at last years event. Great to see that it is back on for 2020. It’s always super popular, so check the bottom of the article for go live times as it usually sells out within hours!

PRESS RELEASE:

THE MERIDA EX Enduro returns in 2020 with perfect trails, stunning scenery andpossibly the best food and drink ever served at a mountain bike event.

THE MERIDA EX Enduro is an all-inclusive, three-day enduro mountain bike event like no other in the UK. It’s presented in partnership with MERIDA BIKES and MERIDA Bicycles UK.

The-MERIDA-EX-Enduro3-1024x683.jpg
The EX Enduro 2019 paulbox©

Far from your ‘normal’ race, THE MERIDA EX is the perfect ‘big little’ event,welcoming just 80 riders to our favourite trails. The lucky few will be treated to aweekend where riding with mates, making new friends, pristine singletrack, food,drink and plenty...

Continue reading...

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
Did the 1-day danish Merida Marathon - 57 km - great experience and the first time eMTBs were allowed (y):cool:
Would love to attend the EX.
@Rob Hancill How skilled do You need to be to attend the EX ?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hey Frank. If you can get a ticket it's an Awesome 3 days, some of the best riding I've done in the UK.

In terms of skill level quite a few, about 15 out of 100, pulled out as it was too hard but that was mainly the amount of climbing in the day which wasn't too much of a problem on an eBike but it was very demanding. A few said the trails were too hard for them. It's certainly not Pedalhounds, it's quite a serious but very fun race.

Trails are tricky, I would say Advanced riders. Not expert but certainly not beginner. Most of the stages are used for the Southern Enduro Champs series so it was quite technical and some very steep sections. Don't let that put you off though.

Costs £300 but that's all your food, drink (including beer) and Camping for the weekend. Drink/Food/Lunch stops twice a day all catered and the lovliest people running it an competing. The atmosphere is serious but everyone was smiling and laughing and I made new friends. Weather blessed us also which helps. Truly great 3 days riding in the UK..

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I’ve ridden a few trails around there but will try to enter the race. If I don’t get in I will organise a weekend down there if anyone is up for it I have a good accommodation and routes just let me know if interested.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles