Mission Control MC 3.0.0 “Trying to get location”

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
After updating to the latest mission control, the maps of my rides are now blank with the message “trying to get location”. Funny thing is the thumbnail previews are good.
I tried logging out/in then uninstalled/reinstalled and still the same. Anyone else have this? Searched but no mention anywhere so submitted to Specialized support today.
iPhone 11 running iOS 15.5
3C3A3934-9D88-4682-8794-E8D46CDC15A5.png

S88rsg

Jul 24, 2022
Cwmbran
After updating to the latest mission control, the maps of my rides are now blank with the message “trying to get location”. Funny thing is the thumbnail previews are good.
I tried logging out/in then uninstalled/reinstalled and still the same. Anyone else have this? Searched but no mention anywhere so submitted to Specialized support today.
iPhone 11 running iOS 15.5 View attachment 93073
Same problem here , still looking for a fix.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
iPhone 11 running iOS 15.5 View attachment 93073
@Specialized Rider Care any suggestions?

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Same issue here - but what’s weird is the route map is being sent to Strava (and shows up there) but doesn’t show on MC.
I noticed that too. My guess is the raw location data is there but there’s an issue with their mapping of it. What’s even stranger is the thumbnail previews are good.

bpbike

Jan 6, 2022
Blue Hill, Maine, USA
Me as well! And it’s acting weird in other ways too… when I opened the app it would show “processing ride” with a spinning working symbol. Then I tried restarting my phone and when I did, the previous ride appears to have been duplicated (identical thumbnails) but the ride that was “processing” is gone. Still, none of my saved rides will open properly anymore. I’ll keep an eye on this thread for a fix… thanks for posting.

mxengineer1

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio, USA
I found similar issue on this week with my '22 Levo Expert. Updated the firmware and during my first ride it showed the map but after I ended the ride the thumbnail for the ride is there but when I click on the ride the "trying to get location" shows up. If I click on previous rides (done before the firmware update) the same "trying to get location" shows up and no map of the ride though the details of the ride are still there. I also used the jump tracking feature. Jump count was 47 jumps, total distance 450.6 ft, total air time 20.36 secs....the average jump distance of 9.58 feet seemed optimistic.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Seems like as more people update MC the more this issue is coming to light. I have 2 friends with it too.

Like I said in my original post, I submitted to Specialized but no reply yet. If they do I’ll update this thread. I also tagged @Specialized Rider Care so hopefully we’ll all see a response from that channel.

emtber

Oct 20, 2021
Seattle, WA
Same issue here but I downloaded the Specialized Ride app with the white icon. Used it only once but it worked well and gives a ton of ride info and the map looks great. You just can't tune the bike with it. Check it out.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
We released Mission Control 3.1 which has addresses this issue. Hope this solved your problems. As Version 3 introduced some bigger changes how we process rides with jump detection this had an impact on the rides list and it did not surface on internal testing... Enjoy your turbo rides!
@Specialized RnD
Thanks for the fix but I just noticed another bug.
Last jump distance on the TCU is different from Mission Control by 1 decimal place, at least for imperial units. Haven’t checked metric. Maybe a conversion issue for the TCU?
146.3 feet in only .42 seconds? I was flying!

4E9827E9-799B-4CF8-9B4B-A96E14BF5166.jpeg AE5788B2-70D8-4C9C-8BC0-0C01BCE20A89.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles