Other Maxxis EXO+ Casing

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
It has really become difficult to get any decent tires here in darkest africa and im in terrible need of a new set of tires...

My current tires of choice are the BB and MM in the trail casing , but looking around I can only find Maxxis in Exo+
Would this be a good option for aggressive ebike riding ? does it compare to the trail casing of schwalbe? which have been flawless.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
It has really become difficult to get any decent tires here in darkest africa and im in terrible need of a new set of tires...

My current tires of choice are the BB and MM in the trail casing , but looking around I can only find Maxxis in Exo+
Would this be a good option for aggressive ebike riding ? does it compare to the trail casing of schwalbe? which have been flawless.
Hi, I use the new exo+ 60 tpi, front assegai 29x2.5 maxxgrip and rear dhr2 27.5x2.4 with tire insert and I live and ride, in Liguria Italy, generally in Finale Ligure, with no problems, my riding weight is 85 kg.
The trail casing of schwalbe is similar to the new exo+ maxxis 60 tpi.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia

The new EXO+ is a tougher 60tpi casing and is much more durable than the previous 120tpi version that it replaced so I guess be aware of which one you are buying. I couldn't use the 120tpi version on the rear but it was ok on the front.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I have been using the MM DHR EXO+ MaxxTerra with Cushcore for that last couple of years with no issues in my local area which is mainly loam, rooty embedded rock, rock slabs. We were at a bike park this week where there was a mixture of shale and other lose rock which tore a 10mm gash in the tread while cruising to the trailhead. It was repairable with some bacon bits but I will take the tire off and put on a proper car inner tube patch from inside the tire. I am going to give the DHR DD a try for bike parks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles