Levo Gen 3 Make is brake better?

Santa

Oct 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Hello, I don't find the brakes that came with my Pro to be powerful or grippy enough. It has Code RSCs with 200mm rotors. I would like start by changing Rotors and-or brake pads. Looking for your recommendations and experience. Thanks!

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
Hello, I don't find the brakes that came with my Pro to be powerful or grippy enough. It has Code RSCs with 200mm rotors. I would like start by changing Rotors and-or brake pads. Looking for your recommendations and experience. Thanks!
You have to center the Pistons properly. Its a bit tricky but its worth it.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I do the old trick of a tie wrap around each lever pulled in and position the bike upright with the front in the air , leave it overnight and the brakes are so much better 👍👍

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
I do the old trick of a tie wrap around each lever pulled in and position the bike upright with the front in the air , leave it overnight and the brakes are so much better 👍👍
What happens then? Never heard of this before ^_^

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Used to do this every night on my old Gsxr750, I would boil the brakes up most mornings on my way to work 😂 works well.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Changing the pads to Trickstuff or MTX red or gold makes a nice difference. That said, the standard set up on RSC's with sintered pads is a great starting point. Gotta get a good bleed and make sure the pistons are nice and free first though (same with any brake).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles