Magura mt7

Jul 14, 2019
bexhill on sea
Good morning I have a cube stereo hybrid 140 tm 2019 spec the rear brake has gone spongy have tried bleeding it lots of times now frustrated as can get a brake but need to adjust lever to its furthest travel to get any sort of feel any guidance to what to do have read and watched so many videos, want to cure myself as bike shops fully booked at the moment .

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have MT5s but have you checked if all 4 pistons are moving individually? You might have a sticky piston so other side over compensating, remove pads & use yellow stoppers than came with brakes do one pair at a time can spray some brake cleaner into lid & clean round piston with cotton bud use a 3 or 4mm Allen key to gently push back pistons, watch pistons whilst operating lever ideally need bike stand as makes whole thing easier.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Good morning I have a cube stereo hybrid 140 tm 2019 spec the rear brake has gone spongy have tried bleeding it lots of times now frustrated as can get a brake but need to adjust lever to its furthest travel to get any sort of feel any guidance to what to do have read and watched so many videos, want to cure myself as bike shops fully booked at the moment .
I also have MT5's but agree check to see if the pistons are actuating(?)

Sounds like you already know that the width of the rotor needs to be at least 1.8 mm.
Also the combined thickness of the pad and carrier should be at least 2.5 mm.

Jul 14, 2019
bexhill on sea
Update
So today I found a local bike shop who bled the brakes they are 50% better than what they where. He thinks could be a lever problem as when you apply them on and of they have a squeaky noise has any bodies else make that noise and have the same problem, if they have are the problem do I contact cube or magura or is that classed as wear and tear

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Tried that with another pair. And then the plastic thumb screws strip and won’t turn because of the loctite

Just thought other ppl have had the same problem. And found a solution
Didn't realise they were plastic - that's a bummer. Is there enough room to crowd a rubber band around the exposed threads? Wrap it around as many times as possible so that it holds tension between the thumb head end and the brake lever body. Choose a good size of rubber band. This would also enable you to adjust it still.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Loctite can eat plastic. Might be too strong for that small of a screw too. I use "vibratite" if theres a chance it will touch plastic. Its kind of rubbery and may need a reapplication on occasion

kmag

Jul 1, 2020
BC Canada
Didn't realise they were plastic - that's a bummer. Is there enough room to crowd a rubber band around the exposed threads? Wrap it around as many times as possible so that it holds tension between the thumb head end and the brake lever body. Choose a good size of rubber band. This would also enable you to adjust it still.

Yes, it’s a metal screw with a plastic thumb wheel on the end. And for some reason with a loose fit the screw spins while riding, causing your levers to move out or to the bars.
I tried the elastic bands yesterday and this seems to work well, puts enough tension on the screw to keep it from spinning. A little getto but works!
IMG_3934.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles