M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
32 and 11/52 with 29", 11/50 with 27.5. I would used less if i could, 28 and reduced K7 rear (less cheaper and more light) , but with 104BCD spider it's impossible to mount less than 32
I have not tried with this spider, but on normal 104bcd crankset a 30T chainring is minimum. It has threads in the chainring instead of using bolt with counterpart, to get it to fit.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have not tried with this spider, but on normal 104bcd crankset a 30T chainring is minimum. It has threads in the chainring instead of using bolt with counterpart, to get it to fit.
return from somebody who have tried needed.

I find that chain is very close to the speeder, i doubt that it fit with 2 teeth less. but may be with few adaptation ?. the other problem is chain position in regards of swing arms, with the E10 i needed to install protection to avoid that chain eat the swing arm. Most space available on the CEF50
DSCF2124[1].JPG

PaulH

Apr 23, 2024
Dallas, Texas USA
For those out there enjoying their LCE930's in the wild, what would you think about a 6' 3 1/2" (192CM)/185lb (84kg) /33" inseam rider on a LCE 930 with 29" wheels? I wouldn't mind a slightly longer stem and 175 cranks but am starting to get worried about fit as my 930 has not yet shipped though the m820 is arriving any day now so would need to switch to say a XL CEF50 but really like the LC platform and the company itself.

Have been riding for last 10 years a Trek FX7.2 22.5" hybrid which rides comfortably but certainly would not want anything larger.

Thanks for any advice!

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
For those out there enjoying their LCE930's in the wild, what would you think about a 6' 3 1/2" (192CM)/185lb (84kg) /33" inseam rider on a LCE 930 with 29" wheels? I wouldn't mind a slightly longer stem and 175 cranks but am starting to get worried about fit as my 930 has not yet shipped though the m820 is arriving any day now so would need to switch to say a XL CEF50 but really like the LC platform and the company itself.

Have been riding for last 10 years a Trek FX7.2 22.5" hybrid which rides comfortably but certainly would not want anything larger.

Thanks for any advice!
More importantly what kind of riding have you done? MTB has shifted towards Enduro which is riding down. So the geometry has shifted such that the rider sits back to make it more comfortable going down. This makes the top tube longer, that is why they all use short stems.
So if you are a trail rider who climbs as well as goes down you may have to look at the top tube and reach and judge the frame's Head tube height. I am a trail rider and I find I have to get new geo frames that are one down from the largest to get a shorter top tube. THen I have to jack up the handlebars to get enough height.

PaulH

Apr 23, 2024
Dallas, Texas USA
More importantly what kind of riding have you done? MTB has shifted towards Enduro which is riding down. So the geometry has shifted such that the rider sits back to make it more comfortable going down. This makes the top tube longer, that is why they all use short stems.
So if you are a trail rider who climbs as well as goes down you may have to look at the top tube and reach and judge the frame's Head tube height. I am a trail rider and I find I have to get new geo frames that are one down from the largest to get a shorter top tube. THen I have to jack up the handlebars to get enough height.
I only do light trails (paved due to hybrid bike currently) nothing extreme or off trail so far. I will have a dropper post though I don't know when I would use it. I was hoping with the LCE930 I could begin doing some Fabio Wibmer moves but we'll see :)

I guess you a kindda saying the L 930 will not be something uncomfortable for me except in extreme use cases and even then maybe just more of a preference.

I see from the recent YT video reviewing 8 ebikes (one was the Karbon aka 930) and one of the reviewers is 6'3" he did not complain too much so I'm probably just over thinking this.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I think you do fine but just realize you may need to adapt a little, more rise on the handlebars, stem changes, seat forward or back. You made have to select a different frame size than you previously used. You will have to "neutralize" some of the LLS geometry to make it more trail friendly.

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
So I had an issue with the lower shock bolt. After a ride I noticed something was loose and when I tried to tighten it, it came off just by touching it. It had snapped off where the threads start.

IMG_2515 (1).JPG

I contacted Lightcarbon, who were helpful enough and sent me two new bolts only for shipping costs. They say it has been redesigned. I don't know how, it looks the same, but weight is higher. It feels therefore more solid. Lets hope it lasts.
IMG_3365 (1).JPG

IMG_3366 (1).JPG

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
So I had an issue with the lower shock bolt. After a ride I noticed something was loose and when I tried to tighten it, it came off just by touching it. It had snapped off where the threads start.
Thanks for sharing! You are lucky that it didn't fall out during the ride, that could be scary. I wonder when they redesigned it, when did you order your frame? I am going to remove and weigh mine.

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
Thanks for sharing! You are lucky that it didn't fall out during the ride, that could be scary. I wonder when they redesigned it, when did you order your frame? I am going to remove and weigh mine.
Yes I was thinking the same. I don't know how it didn't fall out, because it was not attached to anything, also I didn't notice when it broke.

I ordered in September.

raggertje

Jan 24, 2023
The Netherlands
I have been riding my LCE930 for a few weeks now with great pleasure. However, I find the frame has a lot more pedal bob than the LCES0004 I had before with the same Fox DPX2 EVOL Performance damper. Anyone else notice this too?

Herculesridesebikes

Jun 19, 2023
Australia
Ha

View attachment 139465

I contacted Lightcarbon, who were helpful enough and sent me two new bolts only for shipping costs. They say it has been redesigned. I don't know how, it looks the same, but weight is higher. It feels therefore more solid. Lets hope it lasts.
View attachment 139466
View attachment 139467
D

View attachment 139465

View attachment 139466
View attachment 139467
I had a similar problem with the CEF50, I got some TI bolts from AliExpress and they've been awesome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles