Loud freehubs

Baker

Jun 11, 2019
Hayling Island
Can anyone recommend a reasonable priced 'noisy' freehub. Getting fed up of scaring the shit out of people when they don't know you're coming. Ebikes can be pretty quick most the time so the more noise the better.

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
actually the better freehubs are loud as heck. check any videos on hope hubs and you will see what I mean. In total agreement with you however do not know of any cheap ones

Baker

Jun 11, 2019
Hayling Island
I see you can get a hope pro 4 freehub body for about £70 but I don't know if it will have the same loudness without the hope alu hub?

D

Deleted member 4988

Yup HALO hubs are loud but sadly their wheels are made of cheese

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Use a piece of card cut off a cigarette packet and tape it to your fork so that it buzzes your spokes. It sounds like a motorbike, well at least it did when I was 12! :D

Buy a bell, not one of these cheapos that you get with a new cheap bike, but one of these that look nothing like a bell.

Baker

Jun 11, 2019
Hayling Island
Did you say a bell, lol... When I'm out walking and people ping their bell at me all I want to do is knock them out, lol.

I'd probably go for the Hope 4 as it's a UK company and likely to last longer than Halo although I do like the Halo bee buzz.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Thats just what I need, a discrete bell for using on shared pavement cycleways etc, I just hope the dumb folk I approach aren't rocking out on their smartphones and oblivious to the world around them.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Did you say a bell, lol... When I'm out walking and people ping their bell at me all I want to do is knock them out, lol.

I know what you man, its why I don't have a bell on any bike I have ever owned as an adult.
But the OI! bell has such a lovely tone, not irritating at all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles