Looking for the first ebike

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
Hello,

I’m new on the forum, living in Switzerland. Here the climbs are looonnnng, steep and boring. I struggle more and more to find motivation suffering so much in the climbs, so I decided to get my first ebike!

I’m strongly considering a Lapierre e-Zesty. I find the concept very interesting, and the bike beautiful. I come here to try and get some more user feedbacks. I could not find so many...

cheers!

kayakdave

Sep 29, 2020
Santa Barbara, CA.
Hello,

I’m new on the forum, living in Switzerland. Here the climbs are looonnnng, steep and boring. I struggle more and more to find motivation suffering so much in the climbs, so I decided to get my first ebike!

I’m strongly considering a Lapierre e-Zesty. I find the concept very interesting, and the bike beautiful. I come here to try and get some more user feedbacks. I could not find so many...

cheers!
I purchased a Bulls E-Stream EVO AM 3 - S MAG and love it. Comes with a 750 watt hour battery and I'm able to ride for hours on a single charge. Climbs the steepest of hills with ease and I'm 65 and 200 lbs. Spent just over $4K US on the bike so I think it is good value for the money for a very well equipped bike.

1604011707075.png

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks. I think if I dont buy the eZesty, I’ll go for a Moustache Trail 27. Or maybe the new spectral:ON.
but the Lapierre eZesty has my preference for now.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Minikeum Will the Lappy have enough energy in the battery for those looonnnng, steep and boring climbs?

Best advice: Buy from a local suppler that can deal with any warranty claims and can also do quick fixes on your bike. You have no idea how crap it is to have to send your bike back to another country to get it fixed.

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks for the feedback Steve.
I can do these long steep climbs with my regular mtb, but I really struggle (last Saturday ride : one climb at 11.9% average on 3.8km = 40min of suffering at 183bpm average) and as a result I find less and less pleasure riding. I‘m hoping I can ride these long steep climbs with the eZesty, but with less suffering, and maybe a bit faster.

regarding the shops, it’s a good tip! Also for testing ebike...
I am mechanically inclined and I do every maintenance and repair on my regular mtb myself. but anything that deals with battery and motor is out of question. That’s another good thing with the eZesty as you can remove and ship the battery and motor very easily. Only if the « gearbox » fails I would have to send the complete bike.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
levo sl or new orbea rise as well if you want to retain feeling of regular bike

CodyDog

Oct 22, 2020
Colorado/Texas
I'm with Steve_ Sordy in regraded to buying from a local shop if possible. The first motor or battery issue you have, yo will be thankful it was from a LBS.

As far a climbing hills, I searched for a bike that could handle lots of Hills and ended up with the Levo Comp, lots of power and battery for the steep stuff.

Minikeum

Oct 29, 2020
Switzerland
Alright, thanks for the advice!

i would prefer staying on a 27.5 setup. worst case scenario a mullet bike. But I really cant see myself on full 29er ebike. Sadly that leaves out a lot of good options...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks for the feedback Steve.
I can do these long steep climbs with my regular mtb, but I really struggle (last Saturday ride : one climb at 11.9% average on 3.8km = 40min of suffering at 183bpm average) and as a result I find less and less pleasure riding. I‘m hoping I can ride these long steep climbs with the eZesty, but with less suffering, and maybe a bit faster.

For sure you will believe the eZesty is wonderful to start with. But then as you get used to it and start to experiment, you will find that you want to go further. But you will be limited by the battery size. Ask those you see with emtbs that you see in your riding area for their experience.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles