• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Lidl Bike Stand

Roufaque54

Apr 4, 2023
French Pyrenees
I’ve been using a Lidl stand (much the same as the Aldi one) for a couple of years: 29€ and very stable. With my current bike (Haibike CF 12) I clamp the dropper post to avoid stressing the frame

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I clamp on the dropper but leave the front wheel on the ground to reduce stress everywhere. It is more like hanging from the saddle, but firmly clamped.
On the odd occasion when I need to work on the front, I rest the bottom of the head tube on the horizontal bar at the top of the work stand, with an old towel between bike and stand. If I need to apply large torque, like cassette removal, then the bike goes upside down on the floor. With a garden kneeler under the bars.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
These eMTB’s can be heavy for some stands and suspending your entire bike at a specific point is not always a good idea. Distributing the weight of a heavy bike is easily done by resting one wheel on the ground or distributing the weight between the stem and seat dropper (extended dropper). A fake crossbar helps.

I haven’t found a suitable upper tube clamp for a carbon frame and even an alloy frame is “iffy” if not clamped or centred properly.

If/when I need to flip the bike for motor removal (etc), I support the steering bar on a soft pad or custom made support (saves me from loosening up bar things).

Like Steve said, leave one wheel on the floor if you have to.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles