• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Myygi

Apr 9, 2024
Finland
Hello

I was wondering what would you go and why between specialized turbo levo comp alloy and canyon strive on underdog.
Both are same price at ~5000€.
I have heard good things about spec customer service but on canyon they are bit mixed. Motors are good but im still bit unsure about brose motor reliability.
I have bosch service about hour long drive away from where i live. First canyon and spec service is 3 hour long drive away but i do this drive every two weeks.
Size wise im 174cm (5,8”) 80cm inseam so that puts me on size S3 on spec but middle s/m on canyon.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
My friend has the striveon base, i have a levo s works frame set. So he does alot more miles than me as i use normal too. im on 1,500ish miles his on 3000..both purchased in 2022.

I've had axs battery/mec issues thats it.
he has had a new motor, 3 back wheels, a crank arm and the motor casing has cracked on side (might be part of battery not sure)

His also has the 900wh battery never runs out which i think is awesome.

Myygi

Apr 9, 2024
Finland
My friend has the striveon base, i have a levo s works frame set. So he does alot more miles than me as i use normal too. im on 1,500ish miles his on 3000..both purchased in 2022.

I've had axs battery/mec issues thats it.
he has had a new motor, 3 back wheels, a crank arm and the motor casing has cracked on side (might be part of battery not sure)

His also has the 900wh battery never runs out which i think is awesome.
Is that spectral because on strive you can only choose 625wh or 750wh? Do you know did he have any problems with warranty stuff with canyon?

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
ah what a wally! yes sorry i got the bikes mixed up. :ROFLMAO:

No they've been very good from what i heard. I think he waited 2/3 weeks for the new motor but the wheels took alot longer so he bought a hope one in the mean time.

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
I own the Strive ON.

If I was buying again, I'd get the Levo.

Strive on had the cracked battery mount issue, then after that was fixed it kept cutting out. Had to get sent back to Canyon which was a pain. They had it for nearly 2 months, and when they sent it back, all they'd done was change the magnet. It's now stuttering and switching off again 6 weeks later so now it has to go back AGAIN. It's a complete ball ache. It's around 10 months old and done 800 miles. If it doesn't get fixed this time I'll demand refund through the courts.

Problem is the problems could be Canyon, could be Bosch.

At least with Specialized you don't get the motor company arguing with Specialized behind the scenes, they just get it fixed.

Myygi

Apr 9, 2024
Finland
I own the Strive ON.

If I was buying again, I'd get the Levo.

Strive on had the cracked battery mount issue, then after that was fixed it kept cutting out. Had to get sent back to Canyon which was a pain. They had it for nearly 2 months, and when they sent it back, all they'd done was change the magnet. It's now stuttering and switching off again 6 weeks later so now it has to go back AGAIN. It's a complete ball ache. It's around 10 months old and done 800 miles. If it doesn't get fixed this time I'll demand refund through the courts.

Problem is the problems could be Canyon, could be Bosch.

At least with Specialized you don't get the motor company arguing with Specialized behind the scenes, they just get it fixed.
Damn that sucks! I have read stuff about battery latch problems and some say its fixed on 2024 models but still see those post pop up time to time, ofc it can be older purchase without update by canyon but yours is quite new. On top of that you have send it once back already.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles