Levo vs Kenevo?

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
good info there and great vid @Rob Hancill :)

I notice you run the hope 36T alu chainring on both if I'm not mistaken? How do you find the longevity on that out of interest?

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
When we look back at this in 5 years and have unicorn powered batteries + 400mm of fork travel both will be categorised as "light XC" bikes (y).

I still prefer the subtlety of the Levo (very biased).

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It’s really simple, decide what kind of rider you are or want to be and choose your weapon. Both bikes are equally awesome!

Bike

The question is:possible find a compromyse between these lovely bikes? upgrading fpr example a Levo with a fork 170mm and an ammo ROCKSHOX SUPER DELUXE Coil RCT and one front tyres style magic mary or maxxis assegai and a beautiful set brakes of saints?May be the character of Levo doesnt change too much and takes an enduro profile more similar to kenevo? could be the right way to have an universal bike?

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
I had my first ride out on my 2020 Kenevo comp this weekend( 28 miles mixed riding). I was expecting it to be much the same as my 2020 Levo Expert just with more travel, but its quite different. As you would expect its not as nice cross country, nor is it as easy to cut through the trees and small roots. However it does just smash through things with more comfort and stability. On the small amount of DH sections I tried it was superb, feeling nice and stable. Large urban stair sets can be attacked with gusto :)

Powerwise I first thought the Kenevo felt down, but a quick go on the Levo during the ride ( my bother was riding it) showed that it was just in my head. My Levo is a Large and my Kenevo is an S4. For the riding that I do ( mostly adventures ) I think that if I was to have only 1 bike it would be the Levo. But if I spent my time doing bike parks and DH etc, it would have to be the Kenevo. Tonight is our after work night ride out into the woods, so the Kenevo is getting another blast. The gearing does appear to be sorter on the Kenevo, but this could be down to the final drive with the 27.5 vs the 29s.

TLDR; The Kenevo is hammer to smash through stuff with confidence and the Levo is the finesse way of doing things. Choose your weapon accordingly. :)

Bike

It's great to meet with you in this forum. Compared to our emtb mag italian forum the spirit is much more participatory and less conflicting. What a beautiful community !!! Sorry for the sincerity.so we need two bikes in the garage? or with an improved and upgraded levo you can solve the issue in a more than decent way. Will you have something better in some flow trails and something (a little bit?) less in the toughest sections?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles