Levo Gen 3 Levo Turbo Gen 3 - Rounded bolt - Shock Link to Seat Tube Pivot Bolt

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
IMG_1725.jpg

Bloody Specialized only seem to sell suspension bolts in a kit. I've "nearly" rounded of the shock link to seat-tube bolt, as identified in the picture.

The bolt and size is:
  • Shock Link to Seat Tube Pivot Bolt: 12mm W x 24mm L - Alloy - Torque: 185 in-lbf (21 Nm)
I've spoken to Tredz who sold the me the bike and they can't get single bolts.

I see that betterbolts in the States has an alternative kit, but again no single bolts and I'm in the UK.

Does anyone know an alternative for this bolt or how to source a single bolt?

I can't be the only one to do this on one of the most popular ebikes in the woooooorld!

Cheers

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
This won't be the answer you're looking for. I suggest getting the bolt kit unless that would mean having to not eat for a few days. AFAIK, all of the parts in the kit are Specialized proprietary, meaning that you won't find them at a bolt and washer store. Having the kit means that losing a washer or stripping a bolt won't mean no riding for a week or more.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I may have one from an older FSR.

Can you get it out and measure thread pitch and shoulder length? (Other side Would be same )

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
I may have one from an older FSR.

Can you get it out and measure thread pitch and shoulder length? (Other side Would be same )
Thanks Weeksy (same as of the STW parish?), I’ll check measurements when I’m home Thursday.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth

???

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Nice to find someone with a spare! My decades of building (and occasionally racing) absurdly powerful cars led me to value having spares on hand. It has carried over to my bike.

PivotBoltSet.jpg

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth

???
I've emailed these guys about a single bolt, so I'll see if they come back.

I'm surprised this isn't a more common problem! At least Trek sell individual bolts.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Yeah back when i did it on an older FSR i needed a full kit as well. As you say Trek sell singles, as do Orbea, Rocky Mountain to name but a few.

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
Hi all,
Betterbolts have come back to me and said they will sell me a single bolt at $15, then there's shipping, tax, customs etc. on top of that.
I'm going to order two, if anyone wants a spare (in the UK) let me know and I'll add them to the order. When they arrive I'll amortise the full landed cost over the number of bolts and you can buy them from me.
I'm not looking to make a profit but if someone wants to add a spare then let me know.
Cheers
James

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles