• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Levo SL wheel swap 29 to 27.5

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
What would be the downside to swapping out 29 inch wheels from the SL to 27.5 in order to make the bike a bit smaller other than an approximate drop of bottom bracket by 10mm ?
until the rider grows into the 29s ?
presumable the geometry would remain as is?

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Well. If they’re both 27.5 your BB will just be ~1.5” closer to the ground. So don’t pedal near curbs or on turns (should have learned not to do this one as a kid) or through terrain that is higher than about 4” I think.

Can always mullet and split the difference. The bigger back tire acclimation really is just pushing harder to turn and using your ass/balls/family jules as a rear wheel break. -could make for a good excuse to get the wild woman to give things a rest for at least half a day.

try some 2.6” tires and it’ll be a little less.

if you come here and complain about pedal strikes after the switch you’ll get zero love.
Why 1.5 inches closer to the ground? wouldnt 1.5 inch from the diameter mean it was just .75 inch drop ?

D

Deleted member 7464

I have put 27.5 on my levo,I got a few pedal strikes but not many.i have now put 155mm hope cranks on and it's really good,it's a lot more agile through the tight and twisties and not a real noticeable reduction in ability to roll over things.i have 2.6 tyres fitted,I can't stand 29s,so much so that it has stopped me from getting a kenevo sl.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles