Levo SL Gen 1 Levo sl squeel / squeak from drive side of motor.

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
Hi folks
.so this squeak from drive side. Ive had the cranks/ chainring n carrier off. Cleaned etc. Still squeaks. Itrs the sprocket carrier thats squeeling..not the main shaft that the cranks bolt to...any help??

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Same thing for the motor of my KSL. This is the second motor (the first was changed due to excessive play) and now I have this squealing noise that appeared on the new motor. However, this squeak is not systematic: it appears and disappears. But when it's there, it is particularly painful. Wednesday, I made a video of that noise that I sent to my dealer so that he can see with Spesh what to do. Wait and see...

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
Hi folks
.so this squeak from drive side. Ive had the cranks/ chainring n carrier off. Cleaned etc. Still squeaks. Itrs the sprocket carrier thats squeeling..not the main shaft that the cranks bolt to...any help??
I think i may have sorted it myself...i think the outer oring / rubber seal was just dry..cleaned oiled and a bit of grease and seems ok atm
Same thing for the motor of my KSL. This is the second motor (the first was changed due to excessive play) and now I have this squealing noise that appeared on the new motor. However, this squeak is not systematic: it appears and disappears. But when it's there, it is particularly painful. Wednesday, I made a video of that noise that I sent to my dealer so that he can see with Spesh what to do. Wait and see...
Well it turns out its a main bearing thats got grit in it from a lack of a seal between main spindle and sprocket carrier. Not fixable by 3rd party.as theres a brass pressed in plate that need to be destroyed to access that bearing. So new motor...that i have 2 pay

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
I think i may have sorted it myself...i think the outer oring / rubber seal was just dry..cleaned oiled and a bit of grease and seems ok atm

Well it turns out its a main bearing thats got grit in it from a lack of a seal between main spindle and sprocket carrier. Not fixable by 3rd party.as theres a brass pressed in plate that need to be destroyed to access that bearing. So new motor...that i have 2 pay
Assisted purchase.
..but still circa £500. As 5 months out of warranty

dazzyfizzle

Jul 8, 2023
NY
im still under warranty so this would probably be a specalized issue. Its more of a concern than an issue at the moment tho. sounds to me like there is just some friction between the mechanism to let the sprocket freespin

dazzyfizzle

Jul 8, 2023
NY
im still under warranty so this would probably be a specalized issue. Its more of a concern than an issue at the moment tho. sounds to me like there is just some friction between the mechanism to let the sprocket freespin
but also wanting to take care of it before it becomes a bigger issue.

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania

Do you mean this one? The sprag bearing is behind it. If so, it can be tight, but you can get it out.

I replaced the sprag bearing in my motor. The Ebike Motor Center can also do it. That's if it is not in warranty anymore.

dazzyfizzle

Jul 8, 2023
NY
Do you mean this one? The sprag bearing is behind it. If so, it can be tight, but you can get it out.
View attachment 141606 View attachment 141607

I replaced the sprag bearing in my motor. The Ebike Motor Center can also do it. That's if it is not in warranty anymore.
original thread has been dead for a while, but this probably great info for people who come here with similar questions later!
--Since you've got some experience with the motor, ill ask: do you think it would be worth spraying some WD40 into the gaps between the spindle and sprocket holder to see if that might get rid of the squeaking?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles