Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL - random screw sticking out of motor area

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Just back from a wee ride, and noticed this when washing the bike.
I can’t pull it out, so have a feeling I’m going to have to start taking the motor out to get it.

Anyone seen anything like this, or know what the screw is from?! That’ll maybe be apparent when I start removing stuff!

7BCB139D-3F54-4842-92EA-43500A1BF403.jpeg

C8331F70-14FB-40A9-AB9E-DC30B7C41936.jpeg

Electric Life

Electric Life
Nov 29, 2022
Birmingham
Thats super random! Not a screw which I can think would be. If you remove the motor, you'll only need to remove 4 mounts so that the motor can just rotate down on the rear bolts so not having to come out the entire amount. When torqueing the motor back up, all the numbers can be found here - Manuals & Tech Content

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It's either a loose screw dropped and not found during initial assembly, or one that has come loose from somewhere inside. If you have zero problems, then it's probably the former. Either way it needs investigating and not just moving out of the way.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
It's either a loose screw dropped and not found during initial assembly, or one that has come loose from somewhere inside. If you have zero problems, then it's probably the former. Either way it needs investigating and not just moving out of the way.
The motor was replaced in summer due to excessive noise. Still functioning fine, but was really loud.

Due to having broken ribs on 2 separate occasions over the last 5 months, most of my riding has been on cycle paths, roads, smooth trails - so maybe haven’t rattled it as much as I normally would to loosen it off!

I’ll try lowering the motor and see if I can see somewhere that it seems to be missing from!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles