Other Levo SL gen 2 - power settings

dirtdinner

Jun 25, 2024
Australia
Interested to know what power settings people are using/liking?

I'm liking 70/100 if I want to fang it. Feels very close to 100/100 but better on the battery.

40/70 feels good too.

I should probably test more combos (new bike) but I'm pretty much only using these two.

dirtdinner

Jun 25, 2024
Australia
So been testing out more combos and go back to 40/70 a lot. Really good battery range and a solid boost.

50/100 feels great too. I feel like I've got the full power but with better battery life.

Would love to know what settings other people prefer.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I ride mine mainly in 15/30 - I have that as my Trail setting. My Eco is 5/10 (for emergencies, or riding with analog bikes) and my Turbo is 100/100 for those times where I need a boost up a tough technical climb. I wanted an eMTB for a little bit of help. I had a FF for a few weeks, and then swapped it for an SL as it was too much power. Yes, I could tone it down, but it seemed silly lugging about a 25kg bike to ride it in Eco. I'm now on a 16.9kg bike!

I had the Gen 1, and rode it mainly in 30/80... which to my legs felt about the same as 15/30 on the Gen 2. It also works out at about the same battery efficiency over the same routes, so they must be close.

Last weekend I was at a local trail centre, and had 2 RE's with me. I set the RE to run out first, and used Microtune to set the bike to 70 for the long slog of a climb. I then set it back to my Trail setting for coming down. I did this a couple of times, then swapped out my RE's and carried on. Once the 2nd RE was nearly dead, I unplugged it and used the bike battery.
I did 22.5 miles, but over 5000ft of climbing. Both RE's had about 15% left, and my bike was at 33%. My legs ached the next day!!

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
I'm currently experimenting with 35/35 eco, 35/80 trail and 100/100 turbo. I think it's personal to fitness level, but I find that I get great battery out of this as long as I only go to trail as needed (don't really need turbo, but maybe if I'm well into the ride and there's a very steep climb). Today I rode those modes and got 5k' elevation over 25miles, and had 32% main battery left (no extender). If someone is fitter and/or really want to work almost like analog they could dial down the first number (e.g. 25/35 and 25/80). Point being that it's same assist level just raises the motor power cap (therefor lowers the need for rider input).

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
I am on a KSL2 but as it's the same motor and battery I share my settings as well:
I have the bike for two months only and I was expecting less range tbh, I have bought an extender but almost never use it for my tours.
I ride mainly in trail 65/75 and I can ride around 1200m elevation during a 25-30km tour, I come back with the battery almost empty. I wonder how it's going to be in winter with the cold temperatures and damp to wet conditions though.

dirtdinner

Jun 25, 2024
Australia
Realised a trick to get 4 power settings. If you set your micro tune to 100/100 (or whatever you want) you can jump on and off this setting with a long press. So can have an eco, low-mid and high-mid setting and then long press turbo on and off.

Reactions: ah1

ah1

Jul 11, 2020
Santa Cruz CA
Realised a trick to get 4 power settings. If you set your micro tune to 100/100 (or whatever you want) you can jump on and off this setting with a long press. So can have an eco, low-mid and high-mid setting and then long press turbo on and off.
That's both simple and brilliant - thanks!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles