Levo rattle in down tube

Dazza

Aug 12, 2019
Melbourne Australia
Hello there
We have 2 Levos a 2020 and a 2019 and they both seem to have a rattle in the down tube when on the rough stuff .its not the battery as i have removed it and it is still there. has anyone come across this or any thoughts on what it might be? It doesnt seem to impact bike performance...its just a bit annoying!

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
I had a terrible tapping noise for a while that sounded like cables tapping. It was the headstock in the end. My dealer stripped, regressed and retorqued. No problems since, hope this helps.

Doogle

Mar 29, 2019
West yorks
I had a terrible tapping noise for a while that sounded like cables tapping. It was the headstock in the end. My dealer stripped, regressed and retorqued. No problems since, hope this helps.
Hello there
We have 2 Levos a 2020 and a 2019 and they both seem to have a rattle in the down tube when on the rough stuff .its not the battery as i have removed it and it is still there. has anyone come across this or any thoughts on what it might be? It doesnt seem to impact bike performance...its just a bit annoying!
Loosen the stem put
Hello there
deffo re grease the headset ??

zagcatt

Oct 22, 2019
wales uk
My frint end rattle was the spacer disc on right side of axle...naturally free to rotate .. re packed with grease and the rattle dissapeared . Assumed it was the break pads rattling

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Hello there
I have a Kenevo and had an two annoying rattles. I removed the headset bearings and regreased then retorqued everything and the louder noise was gone but I still had a faint tapping noise, that turned out to be the cables rattling in the toptube, I gently pulled the cables out a bit and no more rattles from the front.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
I have a 2019 carbon levo, and it’s just developed a loud rattle when doing over chattery blimps like rock gardens at speed. I though it was the battery at first as you can feel it through the frame. I had the forks off re greased put back, (bearing ok) I’ve had the TCU out at the slack cable with connectors were just flapping around like a donkey cock in a shirt sleeve. However this want is, also in the top tube to the LHS there are two cable pipes that run the cables from the rear mech and back brake, these seem to be flapping on the side of the frame. How do I secure these, is it a motor out job, a sit started when my motor was changes....I’m irked

Dazza

Aug 12, 2019
Melbourne Australia
I have a 2019 carbon levo, and it’s just developed a loud rattle when doing over chattery blimps like rock gardens at speed. I though it was the battery at first as you can feel it through the frame. I had the forks off re greased put back, (bearing ok) I’ve had the TCU out at the slack cable with connectors were just flapping around like a donkey cock in a shirt sleeve. However this want is, also in the top tube to the LHS there are two cable pipes that run the cables from the rear mech and back brake, these seem to be flapping on the side of the frame. How do I secure these, is it a motor out job, a sit started when my motor was changes....I’m irked
Sounds like mine man does my head in
Notice it a lot over very small bumps like riding on grass.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Sounds like mine man does my head in
Notice it a lot over very small bumps like riding on grass.
Mine does the same thing. I'm pretty certain it's coming from the sprag clutch in the motor rattling when unloaded. Nothing terminal btw. Does yours go quiet when you pedal?

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Mine does the same thing. I'm pretty certain it's coming from the sprag clutch in the motor rattling when unloaded. Nothing terminal btw. Does yours go quiet when you pedal?
It’s worse when I stand up and better when I’m seated and pedalling

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Mine’s been rattling and creeking for the past 6 weeks could not find out where it was coming from then last week my motor gave up so it’s in shop having new motor will post if this has stopped rattle when it has been fitted

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Mine’s been rattling and creeking for the past 6 weeks could not find out where it was coming from then last week my motor gave up so it’s in shop having new motor will post if this has stopped rattle when it has been fitted
Mine continued to make noise after a new motor lol

Dirk74

Jun 6, 2020
Germany
I was riding my Brothers 2018 Levo yesterday, annoying rattle when padeling.
At home we removed both cracks. One was not as tight as the other. Cleaned, lubed and fix them with 50Nm, rattle is gone.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles