Levo Comp 2020 versus Cube Stereo Hybrid ActionTeam 160 HPC 2021

Cockney

Jan 29, 2021
UK
Hi all
Have a dilemma, which I am hoping you can help me with.
I currently have a Levo Comp 2020 and have been offered a brand new Cube Hybrid Stereo ActionTeam HPC 160 2021.
Would you exchange (plus about £500) or stay with the Levo.
Please give some details re your choice.
I'm 1.8m(5' 10'') and about 90kg (15st) and enjoy riding single trails both up and downhill. I am intermediate level.
Much appreciated
Andy

Last edited:

Cockney

Jan 29, 2021
UK
Not sure how many miles, but it is used most weekends with approx 20-40 miles of offroad, trails and minor road work.
Wondering how the handling will compare.
Seems like the Cube has a good level of components.
Thanks

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
A brand new bike always appeals, and the Cube is a decent spec.
It's got a Fox Factory 38 fork and XT transmission throughout.
I would be tempted to go for the Cube.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Ah OK
Personally l don't like "29ers" as l am
too small for these big wheeled machines.

you are happy with your current bike, then use the £500 to buy some upgrades, then keep it.

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
I test rode both the Cube (having had a Stereo Race for 3 years previously) along with the Turbo Levo at a few places in early 2020. Very nearly went with the Action Team but ended up with a Levo Comp and have no regrets whatsoever. My main issue at the time was with sizing - medium felt too small and large too big.

Now, despite a new motor at 2000 miles, which might have gone on for hundreds more, I am sure I made the right decision. Specialized support is outstanding and like me you will still have 2/3 years warranty left. My motor was changed in a couple of hours. Upgraded the Lyric and now with some Michelin E Wilds it feels as good as I remember the Whyte. The 700wh battery is probably marginally better than the Bosch, especially in Eco because of the torque.

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Interesting this turning up...I ride a Turbo Levo the wife ride an Action Team having had a Whyte 150 before that.....now this where it gets complicated..pure performance my Levo will ride away from the Action Team with very little effort, the Bosch isn’t as quick.

But strangely enough I was enquiring in our local bike shop today about a similar swap, my background is motorcycles, the way the levo is built suspension...Yamaha gave that idea up over 20 years ago, rear shocks work best when up right, and frankly I think the Action Team is a far more modern bike.

Further complication is wheel size, with 27 V 29 and now you are getting big front with small rear.

If the deal is yours and £500 i’d Be tempted, the deal I was offered was nowhere near as good, but with bike stocks being close to zero there’s very little logic currently out there.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles