LED Remote. Can i add a Kiox?

bluesurf989

Feb 19, 2023
devon
Just purchased a Cube Stereo and have the led remote but would like to add a kiox. can this be added easily and which kiox would i need?
Many thanks

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
If your bike has a Bosch Gen 4 CX Performance motor , then a Kiox and controller may fit.

It will depend on which motor, model and year. Newer bikes (with Bosch motors) may require a Kiox 300 or have a smart system. There is also several mounting options for the Kiox also (bar, stem, upper tube).

Wiring a Kiox for the first time could be difficult and likely requires that the motor is dropped/removed, bulkheads are loosened etc.

A knowledgeable LBS could help with the installation if this process seems to difficult.

Edit; ps. I personally prefer the Kiox display over the Purion.

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If your Stereo has the LED Remote then it is a Bosch Smart System bike. Adding a Kiox 300 is a 5 minute job and does not need any LBS involvement. When you buy a Kiox 300 you can specify front or rear connections and get a short cable to go with it (usually 300mm).
Most EMTB users would pick the front connection option since that enables the screen to be positioned behind the bars rather than in front. Merely pull the existing cable out of the LED Remote first. Mount the Kiox 300 as you wish (I have mine to the right of and over the top of the stem). Then connect the short cable ( supplied with the Kiox) to the LED Remote and either of the 2 connections on the Kiox, and connect the original cable that went to LED Remote to the other Kiox connector. Job done.

SP5657

Oct 25, 2022
Kent
I fitted the Kiox 300 retrofit kit to my Haibike and it was really easy, I would suggest a metal coat hanger to help thread the cable, well it least for mine to get the cable down the cable gully in the frame. It is definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles