Knee protection .Zip or Strap on

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Hi Need some knee protection following a close encounter with gravel trail....
Fancy the zip- on or strap on style rather than usual sleeve .
Several on the market ...anybody got recommendations?

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
Zip ones.

Mine are
IXS Flow Zip

tried and tested. The zip allows me to take them off for the shuttle ride up the fire road, and put them on for the descent.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Zip ones.

Mine are
IXS Flow Zip

tried and tested. The zip allows me to take them off for the shuttle ride up the fire road, and put them on for the descent.

Had my eye on those ...Are they very bulky ? I dont want to shell out ££ to look like a storm trooper!!:alien:

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
Had my eye on those ...Are they very bulky ? I dont want to shell out ££ to look like a storm trooper!!:alien:

They’re still kneepads, but you don’t look like robocop in them. They’re textile, with a removable foam (2 layered, soft and hard) shell, so they can be washed.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I have 2 pairs. One pair of Dakine knee pads which you have to pull on but they are very comfortable and I forget I'm wearing them. I also have a pair of Endura knee/shin pads which use velcro straps to hold them in place. Not quite as comfortable but a little more convenient.

Al

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
POC Joint VPD 2.0 Knee Pad - they're awesome. I use them on my KTM dirt bike as well as for MTB/eMTB enduro races.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles