Kiox update

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Installed the new update for Kiox today. Version 3.0.1
Looks pretty much the same but with the added navigation feature, which I havent used yet.
Install was painless, came to ride home from work, turned on the bike and Kiox prompted me there was an update and gave me the option to install now or install at power off.
I chose at power off. Rode home turned the Kiox off at which point the installation began. Took 5 mins and rebooted

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
Wow this is the first time I heard you can update firmware on Bosch yourself. I was always told you need to go to dealer for this. I have Orbea with Bosch and about to go to LBS Next month to update. If the update possibly to do yourself using Kiox, I’ll wait until my Kiox comes and replace them first.

I also have Giant with Yamaha which I just updated the firmware through Giant app on my phone. It upped the max support from 340% to 360%.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I've just found a neat feature that will be really usefull to people who use Komoot. You can transfer youre planned rides to the Kiox display thus saving battery on your phone. This was always a problem for me as using the phone meant the screen was on all the time.
  • start ebike connect app
  • click the 3 dots on the righthand side and choose settings
  • select Komoot from connected aps
  • go back and choose the maps icon
  • press the search button at the top and choose saved routes
  • all your Komoot saved routes will be listed
  • choose a route and choose "start route on Kiox"

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Wow this is the first time I heard you can update firmware on Bosch yourself. I was always told you need to go to dealer for this. I have Orbea with Bosch and about to go to LBS Next month to update. If the update possibly to do yourself using Kiox, I’ll wait until my Kiox comes and replace them first.

I also have Giant with Yamaha which I just updated the firmware through Giant app on my phone. It upped the max support from 340% to 360%.
this update is not the motor update its the KIOX update

TPX

Dec 23, 2018
Bath
Installed the new update for Kiox today. Version 3.0.1
Looks pretty much the same but with the added navigation feature, which I havent used yet.
Install was painless, came to ride home from work, turned on the bike and Kiox prompted me there was an update and gave me the option to install now or install at power off.
I chose at power off. Rode home turned the Kiox off at which point the installation began. Took 5 mins and rebooted
So what did you do to get the prompt for the update? I can’t find it anywhere to be able to do the update. Is this specific to certain countries? I presume this is a gen4 motor? Thanks.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
So what did you do to get the prompt for the update? I can’t find it anywhere to be able to do the update. Is this specific to certain countries? I presume this is a gen4 motor? Thanks.
I didn't do anything, I do remember a couple of days ago the Bosch e connect app updated from google play store. I wasn't expecting the update I just turned the Kiox on to ride home. My phone is always connected to the Kiox when its on tho as it's attached to the handle bars via Quadlock. Yeah its a Gen4 motor, I can't see it being a country thing as we are both from the UK

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
I didn't do anything, I do remember a couple of days ago the Bosch e connect app updated from google play store. I wasn't expecting the update I just turned the Kiox on to ride home. My phone is always connected to the Kiox when its on tho as it's attached to the handle bars via Quadlock. Yeah its a Gen4 motor, I can't see it being a country thing as we are both from the UK
its quite common for manufacturers to push update to limited number of users ie a range of serial numbers and release in batches over a few days/weeks depending on product popularity. if they just pushed it to everyone at once and everyone downloaded it at the same time it would just crash the servers and no one would get anywhere!

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Hopping real improvement in connetivity with e-bike Connect . Actual version sucks.

Nejcos

Nov 1, 2019
Slovenia
I've just found a neat feature that will be really usefull to people who use Komoot. You can transfer youre planned rides to the Kiox display thus saving battery on your phone. This was always a problem for me as using the phone meant the screen was on all the time.
My kiox starts navigation, but when my phone screen turns off, my navigation also shuts down. And i cant get the android phone to keep screen on. Any solutions?

TPX

Dec 23, 2018
Bath
My kiox starts navigation, but when my phone screen turns off, my navigation also shuts down. And i cant get the android phone to keep screen on. Any solutions?
not So on iPhone, although I find the app shuts down after an hour but you can close the screen and kiox still follows the route.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Works fine for me running Andriod on a Galaxy S20. Re routes no problem. navigation didn't shut down when I blanked the screen. it maybe a permission thing in the phone settings. Just looked on my phone and eBike Connect is version 4.0.0.22 and under permissions it's set to Location

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Your phone needs to be running for the navigation to work, so It won't save that much power.
In Komoot a nice feature to help save power is to use the wakeup feature. WHen navigating click on the loudspeaker. then select the option "Wake up display". This will cause Komoot to turn off the display between intersections. It turns it on before each intersection to inform you you have to change trails or something. This is a HUGE help. If you want to see where you are, just press the power button and it will wake up.
I had problems with that too. I did a force close of the bosch app. then re-started that. Still no update. My Kiox showed it was connected to my phone, but it didn't show the battery % of the phone so obviously the connection wasnt working properly. I just stopped Bluetooth and re-started it, and everything worked after that.
You have probably got a battery saving option turned on that tried to shut down all services when not needed. I had a similar problem a while ago and fixed it in Swrrings / Device care / Battery / Power mode. Turn Power saving off.

I haven't tried the Navi yet, but will soon.

I always get the message when I turn the Kiox on "Kiox memory space below 20%". Even thouvh the synch is up to date on my app. Anyone know what this problem is?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
OK, I tried it out yesterday and it is definitely a cool feature. For navigating, a phone or Garmin on the handlegars is definitely better, however if like me, you use Kiox on your phone to navigate, and it starts pouring with rain, then you can put your phone in a safe waterproof place and continue with using the Kiox. Definitely a huge Plus!

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Saw this from Bosch.

A987E691-AB0A-46DB-9153-0FB8F31176BF.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles