Kiox lock activated

anthonytoohey

Nov 12, 2020
Nsw
Hi guys, I recently purchased a bike second hand (2020 Cube Stereo Hybrid HPC Race 140) and after a few rides noticed the Kiox display was still in the previous owners login.
I contacted the previous owner who then responded by telling me he just deleting his account and it should now be ok. Unfortunately he did not remove the unlock feature before he did this and now the bike is locked out. I took it back to him and tried using his phone to unlock it but because he deleted his original account it won't accept it as original owner.
Bike is now at the bike shop as Bosch claim they can unlock it. I had to provide original proof of purchase and original owners details. Has anyone else gone through this? It has been in the shop for a week now. How was your outcome? What did they do? How long did it take? Appreciate any information.

sico

Dec 5, 2020
Melbourne
Did you get it sorted mate?
I activated the lock function in the Bosch app the other day, happy I got the kiox on my jam2. They do warn you to deactivate it if you sell the bike etc.

anthonytoohey

Nov 12, 2020
Nsw
Did you get it sorted mate?
I activated the lock function in the Bosch app the other day, happy I got the kiox on my jam2. They do warn you to deactivate it if you sell the bike etc.
Yeh mate I had to take it to a dealer and provide proof of purchase. Took a few days

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles