Killer Tokoroa Ride, BUT Where the heck is my 700Wh Battery?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Walked out today after a serious 34km ride. Got to the little embankment up to the car and the Levo battery cried enough - even though I had did a bit of unassisted to try to get me back to the car. Only a 4.5M bank so wasn't too bad I guess. 34.14km - 2:54 with 489M of ascent and average speed of 11.7kph.
Besides my usual loops I extended to try a bunch of new trails. BlackPantha.jpg ChemicalBros.jpg DangerMouse.jpg GoGoGadget.jpg HumptyDumpty.jpg JungleJunction.jpg LastLoops.jpg Levo.jpg MaberMile.jpg PJsPride.jpg SpeedyCheetah.jpg TiggersTail.jpg WidowMaker.jpg

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Know what you mean, I've got the same battery and could now easily clean it out on most rides. I get about 30-40km until I'm down to the last 10%. 700Wh would give me another 400m or so of climbing per ride. Losing some weight would help, 120kg is a big load.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
112 kegs here so yup, I know what ya mean.
Have both my Levo and my eGenius for sale - sell the Levo and I get a Carbon Expert with the big battery .... sell the Scott and I buy a 700Wh battery for the Levo. Not too fussed either way - just want a wee bit more range.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
112 kegs here so yup, I know what ya mean.
Have both my Levo and my eGenius for sale - sell the Levo and I get a Carbon Expert with the big battery .... sell the Scott and I buy a 700Wh battery for the Levo. Not too fussed either way - just want a wee bit more range.
I'm just going to get a 700wh spare, then I can choose depending on the ride length/elevation or even carry one for a longer distance (e.g. Old Ghost Road).

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I'm just going to get a 700wh spare, then I can choose depending on the ride length/elevation or even carry one for a longer distance (e.g. Old Ghost Road).
Yup - Old Ghost Rd, Pureora etc.
My usual Rotovegas loop will be rideable with the 700Wh and hopefully have a bit to spare for faffing around.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles