kids bike

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
Not sure if posted this in right place but after some advice on a upgrade of MTB for my son, he's loving it so in need of a upgrade to do blue trails comfortably,
Basic info is 8yrs old
Current bike is from local bike shop front suspension (wouldn't really class it as suspension tho) 20inch wheels
Looking for something a bit better and maybe thinking of a 24 inch wheel (would it be to much of a step up?)so will last a good few years currently seen the scott scale disc 24 but wondering what everyone else is using, and if anyone has one what do they think? (He likes the blue colour plus it will match my colour of bike!!!)
Riding places will be dalby, Sherwood usual trail centres and local rides

Thanks in advance

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
1000032720.jpg

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
I have an 8yr old and his riding as progressed quit a lot over the last couple of summers, he rode a cable disc brake front suspension 24” norco storm and it has been excellent, and given a good grasp of the trails but as Kids all grow and develop skills at different points we were finding that a bike upgrade with a dropper post was needed. after trying a handful of various 26” full suspension bikes found that was where we were heading and recently bought a proper kids one . It depends on how big your lad is and how much/ where it will get used but I can say our boy has improved his skill and confidence massively with a decent bike, he gets me out more now too as he is really enjoying it. A good quality used one is a good option too as kids grow fast so often a few goodie’s on the marketplace etc worth checking out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles