Kickstand advice needed

PRed

May 25, 2021
Bishops Stortford
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and need advice please (apologies in advance if I use the wrong terms, I'm new to mountain biking as well!).

I just recently got a Forme Lathkill FSE and need a kickstand for it. I cant seem to find one as the bike doesn't have pre-drilled holes for a standard kickstand. Also, the ones I've found that fit on the rear swing arm doesnt seem to be able to hold the weight of the ebike. Any help will be appreciated.

PRed

May 25, 2021
Bishops Stortford
Thanks @Sander23. I emailed Forme and they advised against using a kickstand due to weight of the bike although I have seen many ebikes with kickstands so tbh I'm a bit confused now.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Thanks @Sander23. I emailed Forme and they advised against using a kickstand due to weight of the bike although I have seen many ebikes with kickstands so tbh I'm a bit confused
thas bs! I have one on mine to. I had that hebie kickstand and worked fine. My bike is 27 kg! Unfortunately I had to replace it due an accident with the bike.
Now I have a small adapter from xlc where I can mount any kickstand.
XLC Kickstand Mount E-Bike KS-X05, volwassenen, uniseks, zwart, één maat: Amazon.nl it's mounted on the inside of the frame

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
SmartSelect_20210527-122503_Gallery.jpg

PRed

May 25, 2021
Bishops Stortford
thas bs! I have one on mine to. I had that hebie kickstand and worked fine. My bike is 27 kg! Unfortunately I had to replace it due an accident with the bike.
Now I have a small adapter from xlc where I can mount any kickstand.
XLC Kickstand Mount E-Bike KS-X05, volwassenen, uniseks, zwart, één maat: Amazon.nl it's mounted on the inside of the frame
I thought the same...thinking that they didnt consider it when making the bike and now using it as an excuse! Thanks for the advice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles