Kenevo v levo your opinions please.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Interested in people’s opinions on kenevo v levo.ive always edged towards the levo because I’m more trail than downhill but at trail days today my mate was flying on the kenevo I couldn’t keep up with him on the levo from spooky wood onwards we’re normally similar descending and he’s much faster climbing.so what do people think of the kenevo as a do everything bike is it too much or ok.theres a new kenevo coming soon the chance to pick up a 2019 model cheap soon is interesting me but don’t want to buy one if it’s awful on flatter stuff like dalby or hamsterley.

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Hey bud.
I would always get the bike that suits you more, you should be able to smoke your mate on a 29er levo down from spooky woods, myb you just had an off day. I’ve just done the golfie on sat on my levo and in the tight ruff sections the smaller wheeled Kenevo myb the faster tool for the job. I ride to have fun and I can’t keep up with some mates no matter what I ride. Doesn’t help they race at elite level but good to learn from.
Riding big travel bikes does make trails a bit boring, hammers is my local and my Capra and nomad totally numbed them down for my style of riding. I do dh runs on my levo so I don’t even feel the need for more travel, I’m running 160mm up front.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Hey bud.
I would always get the bike that suits you more, you should be able to smoke your mate on a 29er levo down from spooky woods, myb you just had an off day. I’ve just done the golfie on sat on my levo and in the tight ruff sections the smaller wheeled Kenevo myb the faster tool for the job. I ride to have fun and I can’t keep up with some mates no matter what I ride. Doesn’t help they race at elite level but good to learn from.
Riding big travel bikes does make trails a bit boring, hammers is my local and my Capra and nomad totally numbed them down for my style of riding. I do dh runs on my levo so I don’t even feel the need for more travel, I’m running 160mm up front.
Hi mate thanks for replying,not really bothered I got hammered on the downhill im more of a mincer than a shredder ☺️But just love riding.I’m like you just race for fun,just interested in comparing the two bikes to help me choose which model to get. had an absolute blast all weekend and pretty much set on getting an e bike now.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I was in the same thought process but for all round riding went for the 2019 Levo , it out does my abilities and I am pleased with the choice I made .

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
I just ordered a 2019 Kenevo, my riding background is more gravity orientated and I love my jumps, drops fast steep sections, roots and rocks. I'm a bigger guy so when looking at the levo there were a lot more upgrades I would have done to the bike to be happy with it like 160mm fork and coil shock. The kenevo really only needed an upgraded spring and with the huge discount was hard to pass up. Can't wait to get it?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Let's wait and see what the new kenevo is like.

I've got the current one, it's excellent, super fast, loves to jump, ploughs through roots and rocks on tech descents and basically does everything. It is a bit of a tank thou, in a lot of cases a smaller, shorter travel bike would probably do just as well - I suspect that most riders don't need a kenevo, especially now the levo if 150mm with modern geometry

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
I just ordered a 2019 Kenevo, my riding background is more gravity orientated and I love my jumps, drops fast steep sections, roots and rocks. I'm a bigger guy so when looking at the levo there were a lot more upgrades I would have done to the bike to be happy with it like 160mm fork and coil shock. The kenevo really only needed an upgraded spring and with the huge discount was hard to pass up. Can't wait to get it?
How much did u get it for?

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
In Australia they are normally $9500 for the kenevo expert, I paid $7500. With the money I saved I got a spare battery, Renthal carbon fat bars, Renthal stem and grips, saint pedals, a 650 spring and wheels setup tubeless, quad lock and a Wahoo HR monitor.

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
I've read bike reviews that said if you like riding uphill and big cross country rides then get the Levo instead of the Kenevo.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Thanks for all the replies everyone keep them coming.the levo is probably the bike I’ll end up getting it suits most of my needs.one thing I had an issue with at glentress this weekend was the 29 inch wheels going up they where fine but going down I found myself having trouble in the corners and would run wide often I had this on my stumpy 29er a few years ago and sold it for a 650b I’m quite short at 5,7 but suppose I’d get used to it with practice.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can always put 27.5 wheels on to a Levo.

I suspect the new Kenevo when it finally breaks cover will be a big improvement on the olde model, but there are also now a lot more bikes occupying the same segment, compared to when it was launched. Commencal and Whyte both have 180mm coil equipped bikes out in their new ranges for example.

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
You can always put 27.5 wheels on to a Levo.

I suspect the new Kenevo when it finally breaks cover will be a big improvement on the olde model, but there are also now a lot more bikes occupying the same segment, compared to when it was launched. Commencal and Whyte both have 180mm coil equipped bikes out in their new ranges for example.
Yeah I’m interested in the whyte the 150 version with 650b wheels will have to wait a month or so to see one.hopefully they’ll be at ard rock in August.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I own a Kenevo and just put on a 29 Lyrik, new set of rims/hubs with Kush cores and it’s an absolute beast!
I have ridden a Levo and did find it more maneauverable but the Kenevo is just so much fun.
Very forgiving when making mistakes, it’s just loves everything you throw at it!
I did find the stock hubs to be rubbish which is why I upgraded and the new 29 front has just made it that much better.

I’ve ridden it everywhere, alpine, parks, rocks, roots, jumps, road, flat trails bmx tracks, hills, descents, anywhere anytime.
I have spoken to others who have ridden/owned both and all have said the same the Kenevo is a better bike.
I’m gravity biased so it was an easy choice from me.
If you love your XC and don’t hit big jumps or steep rocky terrain then I’d go the Levo.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I own a Kenevo and just put on a 29 Lyrik, new set of rims/hubs with Kush cores and it’s an absolute beast!
I have ridden a Levo and did find it more maneauverable but the Kenevo is just so much fun.
Very forgiving when making mistakes, it’s just loves everything you throw at it!
I did find the stock hubs to be rubbish which is why I upgraded and the new 29 front has just made it that much better.

I’ve ridden it everywhere, alpine, parks, rocks, roots, jumps, road, flat trails bmx tracks, hills, descents, anywhere anytime.
I have spoken to others who have ridden/owned both and all have said the same the Kenevo is a better bike.
I’m gravity biased so it was an easy choice from me.
If you love your XC and don’t hit big jumps or steep rocky terrain then I’d go the Levo.

What travel are you running the 29er fork at? Curious how it affects the geometry

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
What travel are you running the 29er fork at? Curious how it affects the geometry
18Omm, combined with a 2.5 front tire the bike is around 40mm higher than the stock setup. Personally I love it! The bike feels so much better to ride.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Thanks for all the replies everyone keep them coming.the levo is probably the bike I’ll end up getting it suits most of my needs.one thing I had an issue with at glentress this weekend was the 29 inch wheels going up they where fine but going down I found myself having trouble in the corners and would run wide often I had this on my stumpy 29er a few years ago and sold it for a 650b I’m quite short at 5,7 but suppose I’d get used to it with practice.
I would not worry about this as it is tuneable if the bike is yours, I upped the tyre pressure and increased the sag on the forks sharper steering but still comfortable, also fork service this week after 1000ks helped. Inspired by the knowledge here I have tuned and retuned my bike simply to educate myself on what is possible without components changing. Given your height maybe shorter bars would help don't cut them yet just slide them all in to feel the difference.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
The Kenevo is a brilliant! Bike.. IMHO
For me.. it's the fullfiment of all my dreams and needs!
It's Rock solid! And gives you Soo much confidence! You will find yourself riding faster and harder and taking on things you never dreamed of! As it holds it's lines so we'll..
It's a beast! And It will make you! Improve your skillset, just to keep up with it, I know it did for me, and I was a freerider and downhiller in my past.but it is so forgiving, and stable.. you will fall in love with it!
I have chosen bad lines, and plowed thrue boulders at high speed, thinking... O.k. ... I'm going to die! And it just held it's line and plowed right over them!
It's not a " featherweight".. and wouldn't want to have to lift in onto a car roofrack! But riding it, you won't notice it, other than taking more effort to whip it around.. than a trail bike.
It's "slack", and has a rather large fork offset, that makes it not the best choice if you really spend a lot of time on tight tricky kind of singletrack...but other than that, IMHO, it has verry few downsides.
And don't be fooled by it's slack angles and long travel...it climbs like a scared monkey! And I find myself having to slow down! Sometimes, flying uphill singletrack.. so I can keep in control?
All in all this bike is just Soo much fun!!! It will leave you smiling all day long...
So, unless you spend most of your rides climbing long endless climbs, need more than about three hours range, or mostly ride extremely tight techy "trials" type singletracks.. or you are a pro rider who needs a really light bike that accelerates fast and can be whipped around...I don't think you could go wrong with this bike!
And.. last year's models usualy are on sale for more discount than the Levi's... That's how I got mine.
???

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Spot on! I too came from a free ride/downhill background and you hit the nail on the head with everything you said.
It really has changed my world! I have almost lost friendships over this bike due to me riding it all the time.
I rode it for a year and have just started upgrading it and it has turned it into even more of a weapon! Like a new bike all together.
I never understood why people complain about weight, it’s super stable and tracks so well. A very confidence inspiring bike and mauls any track you point it at!
I love my Evy ? (Yes I named it)

B92E3EB9-E01E-4F45-9690-0E4B3979DEDA.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles