Kenevo Expert Or Commencal Meta Power (29 or 27.5)?

Rizla

May 26, 2020
South Africa
Hey all,
Looking for some advise,

New to this whole e-bike thing and was in fact looking into getting a new Enduro rig as I ride a lot of DH/Enduro trails and we don't have any lifts on my local trails + impossible to shuttle.

This got me thinking about an Ebike with a gravity focus as I will keep my 150/140 Spez Stumpy for most of my fitness and trail riding.
But with limited suppliers here I have essentials 3 choices.

1. 2020 Commencal Meta 29 Signature - Concerns with this are the Shimano motor compare to Brose- Overall Ebiking experience is not as great - otherwise the meta 29 is an awesome bike when aimed down (No concerns there)
2. 2020 Kenevo Expert - Not to worried with the Spez motor but rather how the bike handles - My local BS won't let me demo one unfortunately
3. 2020 Commencal Meta SX Signature - The question - With more weight and momentum wouldn't 27.5's be more manageable?

I am sure I will be more than happy with any choices but any advise could help.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Kenevo expert, 700w battery and dual crowns. It’s no brainer if your Dh/gravity focused rider. The Commencial is a great bike also but it lacks battery range and travel.

Rizla

May 26, 2020
South Africa
Hi @Christian
Thanks so much for the advice
Test road the Power Meta 29 this morning on some steep DH lines, it really does move downhill and I found myself aiming for the bigger rock sections by the end. The big wheels and the added 10kgs make it an absolute sled over pretty much anything, didn't seem to notice I was on a 170 mm bike.

But yes, battery is definitely something I am concerned with.
It died fairly quickly with the steep climbs and I found the bike didn't want to freewheel on flats to well. Think this was the Hubs on the bike and not the motor though - anyone else have this?

But yes think the Kenevo with the motor and battery combo are the way to go, as when your battery goes it really becomes a proper workout with these bikes.

Thanks again

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
A mate of mine has the Meta and it really is a great bike. Maybe with the new battery coming out it may still be in the running?
Either way both great bikes.

Rizla

May 26, 2020
South Africa
Ended up with the Meta Power Signature + an extra battery for the same price as the Kenevo which made it a no brainer considering the components on the Meta.

Have already done 200KM on it & it's unbelievable.

20200604_125317.jpg

• Hot
Reactions: CjP

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles