Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
IMG-0667.jpg

Last edited:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Very sexy looking. Looks like you have a few nice mountains around where you live.

Wow that carrier would be so illegal here in Europe.
Can't see the lights or the number plate!

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Very sexy looking. Looks like you have a few nice mountains around where you live.

Wow that carrier would be so illegal here in Europe.
Can't see the lights or the number plate!

Thanks. :) The lights shine through well enough but the rack definitely obscures the license plate from certain angles. Fortunately these racks are pretty ubiquitous and the police have been accommodating, so it hasn't been an issue.

Thank goodness, because I've done many years with roof racks and have no desire to keep mounting and removing the thru-axle four times a ride. :D

Edit: As an FYI, I was starting to worry at the shop when I couldn't find the infamous Wild FS wheel magnet. The Kiox registered a speed when I spun the rear wheel so something was there. Looking closer, we found that Orbea integrated the sensor magnet into the centerlock fixing ring. Thank goodness!

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Thanks. :) The lights shine through well enough but the rack definitely obscures the license plate from certain angles. Fortunately these racks are pretty ubiquitous and the police have been accommodating, so it hasn't been an issue.

Thank goodness, because I've done many years with roof racks and have no desire to keep mounting and removing the thru-axle four times a ride. :D

Edit: As an FYI, I was starting to worry at the shop when I couldn't find the infamous Wild FS wheel magnet. The Kiox registered a speed when I spun the rear wheel so something was there. Looking closer, we found that Orbea integrated the sensor magnet into the centerlock fixing ring. Thank goodness!
Yep, for the 2021 model they changed it to a brake rotor mounted magnet and speed sensor.

Motoxfreak

Oct 5, 2018
San Antonio, Texas

wait, what??? you have no spoke magnet?????

Motoxfreak

Oct 5, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
Yep, for the 2021 model they changed it to a brake rotor mounted magnet and speed sensor.
I just bought a 2021 and it has a wheel magnet. Not sure what is going on here. Mid year change maybe. This is concerning because that is the one thing that I did not like with the Orbea was the wheel magnet.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I just bought a 2021 and it has a wheel magnet. Not sure what is going on here. Mid year change maybe. This is concerning because that is the one thing that I did not like with the Orbea was the wheel magnet.

have you got fox 36 forks or fox 38's?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Sound like you got a very early 2021 model without the updated speed sensor. My gut feel is that you would be able to modify a 2020 bike with the speed sensor magnet on the spokes to work with the brake rotor mounted magnet, but it would require buying the new slimline speed sensor and the brake rotor magnet, and you'd have to cable tie (or maybe glue or somehow otherwise fix) the new speed sensor to the swingarm. If you wanted to do it properly it would also require a new swingarm with the mounting point for the new sensor - but that sounds expensive

There's nothing really wrong with the magnet on the spokes except it looks a bit out of place, in my experience its been reliable and solid, so no real reason to change it.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles