Just bought a kenevo sl 2

Evilkenevil

Aug 5, 2024
Uk
Hi all, I’ve just bought a Kenevo sl 2, my first e-bike. I hope I’ve made the right decision. I’ve read so many mixed reviews. Does anybody here own one?

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Like all plastic bikes, get it wrapped to protect against small impacts. It has a “slack” seat tube angle so if you find you are popping the front wheel on climbs, slide the saddle forward on its rails.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Hi all, I’ve just bought a Kenevo sl 2, my first e-bike. I hope I’ve made the right decision. I’ve read so many mixed reviews. Does anybody here own one?
Has it lived up to the reviews? Is there anything you don't like about it other than the sh!tty stock parts they spec on it?

Evilkenevil

Aug 5, 2024
Uk
Like all plastic bikes, get it wrapped to protect against small impacts. It has a “slack” seat tube angle so if you find you are popping the front wheel on climbs, slide the saddle forward on its rails.
Not a fan of carbon then? I’ve got a stump jumper evo at the minute. Apart from being a bit longer the geo isn’t that much different. I’ve never had an issue with that climbing so should be good

Evilkenevil

Aug 5, 2024
Uk
Has it lived up to the reviews? Is there anything you don't like about it other than the sh!tty stock parts they spec on it?
What is it you don’t like about the spec? I haven’t had a chance to ride it yet, I went on holiday the day after I got it.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
What is it you don’t like about the spec? I haven’t had a chance to ride it yet, I went on holiday the day after I got it.
Haha... do you really want me to taint your first riding experience? Did you buy an SWORKS? I like my KSL, but I made some changes. If you read thru most of these threads, you will quickly find out how much people around here like to change things. Some times the changes make sense for where and how you will be riding but often the changes are subtle differences that are difficult to justify the cost to benefit. Then again, if you can't be the best, you might as well look good! :)

Evilkenevil

Aug 5, 2024
Uk
Haha... do you really want me to taint your first riding experience? Did you buy an SWORKS? I like my KSL, but I made some changes. If you read thru most of these threads, you will quickly find out how much people around here like to change things. Some times the changes make sense for where and how you will be riding but often the changes are subtle differences that are difficult to justify the cost to benefit. Then again, if you can't be the best, you might as well look good! :)
I bought the comp. I got 2.5k off the retail. I swapped the bars, wheels seat post. I put a one up 210 and shimmed it down to 190. The only other thing I might do at some point is swap the shock out for something a bit more heavy duty but apart from that I think I’ll be good.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

Stock wheels are fragile and the base model fork wants a damper cartridge upgrade. Otherwise they’re fine out the box imo.

This site is roughly split into two groups, those that have ridden the ksl and love it, and those that haven’t ridden it and hate it because of something they read on the internet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles