Levo Gen 3 Jail Break

Bhargis

Jan 22, 2019
Paris Texas
Is there any possible way to make any e-bike motor accelerate faster than the factory settings? I promoted a sanctioned mountain bike race last weekend and some of the unassisted mountain bike riders think you can. I ride a Turbo Levo myself and I know about the top speed fixes but I haven't heard about any other laptop tunes that will make it accelerate faster. I need to educate them but I don't want to give misinformation.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Is there any possible way to make any e-bike motor accelerate faster than the factory settings? I promoted a sanctioned mountain bike race last weekend and some of the unassisted mountain bike riders think you can. I ride a Turbo Levo myself and I know about the top speed fixes but I haven't heard about any other laptop tunes that will make it accelerate faster. I need to educate them but I don't want to give misinformation.

There is a "race" unlock for my EP8 available from eplus.bike which claims the following. I have just the 40k speed unlock. Also, the Shimano curves can be tweaked quite a bit even without this add-on.

• “Race” modification – Ensures assistance up to a speed of 60 km/h with correct display of the data on the display; change always active.
    The Race version increases the curves of all assistance levels by 30% and optimizes the speed curve: the e-bike is more reactive and offers better performance under stress.
    Although the torque is not changed, the sensation, however, is of an increase of about 10Nm which is especially noticeable uphill.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles