E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Bike / Product Year: 2021/22
Manufacturer IXS
Model Carve Race.
Asking Price £35 per pair
Location Cardiff

Only selling due to not owning a mtb any more. IXS pads in my experience tend to run a little small in size, I would normally be a medium in pads, but these are large. I tried small, medium and large when buying.

Description IXS CARVE RACE KNEE PADS. USED ONCE. size Large. £35 and £2.80 del.
897BA987-7B8E-478A-8539-9EEE49C2D4E7.jpeg

IXS CARVE RACE ELBOW PADS. NEW WITHOUT TAGS. £35 and £2.80 del. Size large.

DF8246AC-313C-4CA9-B9ED-3475E9D1FBF6.jpeg

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'll have the trousers and shorts !

(following forum etiquette and ignoring what's been written before - hell, you get a free bump)

You're not giving up on us are you ?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I'll have the trousers and shorts !

(following forum etiquette and ignoring what's been written before - hell, you get a free bump)

You're not giving up on us are you ?
Sorry Zim, shorts and trousers now sold and paid for.

I hang my head in shame. I’ve sold my bike and am now selling up other stuff too. I had an itch I had to scratch. Bought a kit car (mostly already built). I am currently trying to fund all the parts needed to turbocharge it and take it to the next level.
Here’s a pic of it at the moment.
A99762A0-56BA-418B-8D79-DAFC64BB3E5F.jpeg

it’s currently got an mx5 engine and gearbox. It’s only 145bhp at present but hopefully 240 next year with a dollop of torque to match. It weighs just 558kg with a full tank of fuel.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK

I hang my head in shame. I’ve sold my bike and am now selling up other stuff too. I had an itch I had to scratch. Bought a kit car (mostly already built). I am currently trying to fund all the parts needed to turbocharge it and take it to the next level.
View attachment 95797

it’s currently got an mx5 engine and gearbox. It’s only 145bhp at present but hopefully 240 next year with a dollop of torque to match. It weighs just 558kg with a full tank of fuel.
MTB cool Jesus forgives you.

cool-jesus.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

View attachment 95797

Looks Fun !! I thought of all people, you'd make an electric one ! :)

What's the naca duct for ? Do you need outside air with no doors/roof/windows ?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales

Wtf is a ‘Naca Duct?’😆. The car currently has no roof or windscreen wipers. I had a 4 hour drive home when buying it…. And of course it pissed down. Baptism of fire, (or soggy pants, depending how you look at it).

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales

Maybe one day I’ll turn it electric. It’s a very easy car to strip and re-assemble. Would need a lot batteries and would end up a fair bit heavier than it is now. Then getting it to be road leagal would be a complete headache. The IVA test done to make a car road legal is meticulous and takes 4 hours. Not sure what kind of red tape and hoops would have to be got through with thousands of lithium cells taped together😳

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales

View attachment 95822

Excellent first drive experience ! :) At least it was in the summer !!! Maybe you should bin the windscreen and just have an air deflector and wear goggles - or your old MTB gear ! 🙃

the side vent can be used as an air intake hose for a supercharger. Aero screen would require wearing a helmet, so I’ll pass on that for now.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Could you not just go with fun/light/short range - how far do you want to actually go in it ??

Like 4 tesla battery modules ? about 25kg each for 5.3kwh - smaller motor (it's a very light car) so your performance and range would be good anyway compare to lugging around 2.5-3 tonnes of truck.

But yes, road legal would be a headache, but there seem to be plenty of companies now doing EV mods to existing vehicles, so it's possible.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Could you not just go with fun/light/short range - how far do you want to actually go in it ??

Like 4 tesla battery modules ? about 25kg each for 5.3kwh - smaller motor (it's a very light car) so your performance and range would be good anyway compare to lugging around 2.5-3 tonnes of truck.

But yes, road legal would be a headache, but there seem to be plenty of companies now doing EV mods to existing vehicles, so it's possible.
I have seen hybrids being made. Electric booster packs added. Definitely would be fun. To be honest I’m currently learning all the ins an outs of the ecu which is completely open with its own software to monitor and remap on a laptop. A whole new world of tuning.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Isn't it on the wrong side then ? You want the air to be as cold/dense as possible, not pre-heated by the exhaust manifold :-D
I won’t be be using that duct. Turbocharging will have an air intake where the bonnet scoop is, well away from the engine and then straight into the throttle body and plenum. I’ve added an Intercooler in front of the radiator, and am waiting on a fitting kit for the turbo,manifold, water and oil lines. After that I’ll do all the Intercooler piping. There’s obviously a fair bit of work involved before any driving will take place.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles