It never does this here!

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I think I'm in the wrong country! Or maybe the wrong state in the US? We've been experiencing severe drought for the passed few years. This has been no good for our water reservoirs, but great for riding. I don't think I've seen this before in my more than 30 years in the Bay Area of California.

It is most welcome!

Plus, I'm still recovering from prostate surgery (OUCH!!!). The doc says no riding for about 3 more weeks. Perfect timing for endless rain!

1672376864526.png

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Rainy this week, except for tomorrow. Gonna get in a ride before we get several more days of rain. The rain brings life and hero dirt. Let the shredding begin!

Hope your prostate is doing well.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I think I'm in the wrong country! Or maybe the wrong state in the US? We've been experiencing severe drought for the passed few years. This has been no good for our water reservoirs, but great for riding. I don't think I've seen this before in my more than 30 years in the Bay Area of California.

It is most welcome!

Plus, I'm still recovering from prostate surgery (OUCH!!!). The doc says no riding for about 3 more weeks. Perfect timing for endless rain!

View attachment 103713
That would constitute a 'reasonable' weather week in the UK! 😂

Your drought has been mighty serious though! Blame the Almond growers for the massive amounts of water they consume, just to produce some seeds!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you prefer variability just move to the UK. The weather is never the same here one year to the next.............its why we talk about the weather so much.
ps Whilst you are banned from the bike maybe a chance to look at some new saddles that will give it an easier time when you are back on the bike.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Maybe you got more rain down south? I can't remember having more than 2, maybe 3 consecutive days with rain. I was a long distance runner before switching to the bike, so outside nearly every day for the 30+ years I've lived in the bay area. Unlike my buddy who grew up in Oregon, I never really liked running in the rain.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
ps Whilst you are banned from the bike maybe a chance to look at some new saddles that will give it an easier time when you are back on the bike.
I did a 10 minute test ride yesterday (because of course I won't do what the doc says!), my first since the surgery. Came home and immediately searched for a different saddle! Things were a bit sore for the rest of the day. I decided to try the SQLab 611 Ergowave. If it helps, I'll put a product review on the forum for other guys who are facing the same surgery.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I would think the most important thing is to get the right width saddle for your sit bones and one that has a relief channel down the middle.............plus possibly a downward slowing nose. Measuring your sit bones is easilly done by sitting on a square of cardboard with your feet raised so your thighs are parallel with the ground. Measure the distance between the marks you will have made in the cardboard with your sit bones.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I did the sit bones on cardboard thing before ordering the saddle. I'm a 3/4 scale model of a human being, so a 130 mm saddle should be ideal. The SQLab looks like it has a deep and wide recess, but the proof will be in the sitting.

Changing the subject a bit, I'm always amazed by what reviewers will complain about. In this case, it is that the saddle recess traps water if the bike gets rained on. As if a 1-second swipe with your hand wouldn't remove the puddle.

1672683339067.png

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
That would constitute a 'reasonable' weather week in the UK! 😂

Your drought has been mighty serious though! Blame the Almond growers for the massive amounts of water they consume, just to produce some seeds!
As I live in the middle of Almond country, I can agree... I long for the peach trees of days gone by.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles