Is there general interest in Bullit frameset?

IronScott

Oct 19, 2021
NW Arkansas
I won't bore with the details but I have a low mileage Bullit for sale locally in Northwest Arkansas and haven't had much interest at all. I have it priced at 8,700 USD for the S build size medium. With tax included that's a $3,000 discount from new and only 400 miles on the bike. I'm considering just trying to sell the frameset and parting out the rest but I haven't seen if there would be interest in the frameset. I know there generally is interest in framesets on e-bikes but not many manufacturers sell them that way. Would also be a little easier to ship just a frameset.

I feel like it's priced fairly but maybe not good enough or the market is just too tough for high-end e-bikes.

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
I wonder if the Santa Cruz section of this forum is any indication of a lack of interest in Santa Cruz ebikes. Before getting my Santa Cruz I had a Trek Rail and was frequenting the Trek section of this forum where there is a lot more activity than the Santa Cruz section. There is usually a new post or response to an existing post daily.

I barely see movement in the Santa Cruz section. Even YouTube lacks new content on the Bullit or Heckler.

That being said, I think it'd be especially hard to sell just a frameset let alone a complete bike. Can't see anyone else being interested in a frame unless they were looking to replace a frame they already had. Prospective buyers that are looking to build up a Bullit would probably be few, if any, as I don't think you can easily just get a Shimano motor by itself.

Last edited:

IronScott

Oct 19, 2021
NW Arkansas
I wonder if the Santa Cruz forum is any indication of a lack of interest in Santa Cruz ebikes. Before getting my Santa Cruz I had a Trek Rail and was frequenting the Trek section of this forum where this a lot more activity than the Santa Cruz section. There is usually a new post or response to an existing post daily.

I barely see movement in the Santa Cruz section. Even YouTube lacks new content on the Bullit or Heckler.

That being said, I think it'd be especially hard to sell just a frameset let alone a complete bike. Can't see anyone else being interested in a frame unless they were looking to replace a frame they already had. Prospective buyers that are looking to build up a Bullit would probably very few, if any, as I don't think you can easily just get a Shimano motor by itself.

Yeah, the lack of activity here is somewhat surprising as well as on the Facebook groups. I know some people like to choose their own wheelset and fork, especially, and brakes and groupset. That may just be a vocal few, though. Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I would not put it down to Santa Cruz it must be just the price, I don't ever see much for sale in the UK. Although it's not a bike I have looked at I would be surprised if they don't have the same followers the regular bikes have always held there money well in the UK.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles