Interesting

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I ordered and received my Trek Rail 9.7 in 2019. (2020 model). At the time I had no idea what I was getting and the LBS couldn’t give me much information on the Bosch CX Gen4 motor. I just wanted a mid-drive eMTB.

After 4+ years with the same motor I haven’t had a single problem. I’ve added the bearing seal kit a couple of times for some preventative measures.

I know my days are numbered though. If I bought another FF eMTB it would have a Bosch CX motor in it. I think I have around 20K + kms on the motor and still haven’t heard any weird sounds …yet.🙏

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I ordered and received my Trek Rail 9.7 in 2019. (2020 model). At the time I had no idea what I was getting and the LBS couldn’t give me much information on the Bosch CX Gen4 motor. I just wanted a mid-drive eMTB.

After 4+ years with the same motor I haven’t had a single problem. I’ve added the bearing seal kit a couple of times for some preventative measures.

I know my days are numbered though. If I bought another FF eMTB it would have a Bosch CX motor in it. I think I have around 20K + kms on the motor and still haven’t heard any weird sounds …yet.🙏
Bosch is doing good these days but a lot is happening and released around the corner so the future in eMTB is exciting.
Highly doubt that Specialized accept not being the leader in eMTB

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Bosch is doing good these days but a lot is happening and around the corner so the future in eMTB is exciting.
Highly doubt that Specialized accept not being the leader in eMTB
I agree. All the major motor manufacturers are improving their product. I guess we were the “test-monkeys”. Maybe we still are?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
If Specialized G4 ain't a game changer they are in trouble.
Assuming their G4 bikes use the new 48v system Brose came out with last year I’m really interested to see how it does. The current gen Bosch and Shimano systems are both 36v right? Should be a noticeable difference assuming they don’t tune it down too far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles