• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Instructions on replacing interior battery on Focus Bold2

Aeaeae

Jun 13, 2024
Australia
Hi,

I've a 2017 Focus Bold2. I need to replace the battery in the downtube. I have a replacement battery arriving soon.

Would anyone have detail instructions on how to replace the battery. It appears, I may need to remove the motor. Just hoping someone may have instructions in order that I avoid doing any damage when replacing the battery.

Thanks,
aeaeae

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I can't help with the detail instructions, sorry.
However, I have had the battery replaced under warranty on my Focus Jam2. The design and layout are very similar to your bike. It is very tight in there and you must be very careful not to trap or pinch the control wires. Even if the wires are not broken, just pinching them will cause intermittent faults. Ask me how I know. :(

Aeaeae

Jun 13, 2024
Australia
I can't help with the detail instructions, sorry.
However, I have had the battery replaced under warranty on my Focus Jam2. The design and layout are very similar to your bike. It is very tight in there and you must be very careful not to trap or pinch the control wires. Even if the wires are not broken, just pinching them will cause intermittent faults. Ask me how I know. :(
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can avoid pinching the wires. I'm guessing you must have pinched some wires? Was it costly to fix?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can avoid pinching the wires. I'm guessing you must have pinched some wires? Was it costly to fix?
It wasn't me that pinched the wires; it was the main dealer tech guy. The fix would have been expensive except it was a warranty claim. I believe that the pinched control wire cost £7, but took a week to arrive. God knows what the labour cost would have been! :eek:

Aeaeae

Jun 13, 2024
Australia
It wasn't me that pinched the wires; it was the main dealer tech guy. The fix would have been expensive except it was a warranty claim. I believe that the pinched control wire cost £7, but took a week to arrive. God knows what the labour cost would have been! :eek:
Glad you weren't out of pocket. I'll try and be careful as mine is well out of warranty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles