Increasing front travel and rear tire size on new Mx heckler

Mungalot

Apr 5, 2021
Moon
Got a new heckler mx, the rear has tons of room for a bigger tire and the front pike fork does as well, thinking of increasing the air spring to a 150 debonair, increasing fr tire size to 2.6 and changing the rear tire to a 2.8 to even it out a little. Also was wondering about people’s experiences with the heckler cascade link, especially in concerns with these mods. Wondering if anyone has done the same or have any thoughts on this? Thanks. Oh see pics of my first upgrades!

529D9AC7-8B6A-40C8-8E6C-B7BD0DA69DAE.jpeg

2E04E7EE-376E-437E-99E9-AC2E107D9378.jpeg

Last edited:

Mungalot

Apr 5, 2021
Moon
Well after riding it a bit, it feels fine just the way it is, no need to heckle it at this point! Happy trails!

2WHLFUN

Apr 27, 2022
Trinidad, CO
I just bought a used Heckler MX 2021 and my buddy extended the Pike to 160mm already. The seat angle is way slack so I slid the seat as far forward as possible. The stock DPS rear shock is wallowy as heck. The bike is 9lbs lighter than what I had so the net is a gain IMO. Thinking of getting the Cascade link and a Rock Shox rear shock.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I just bought a used Heckler MX 2021 and my buddy extended the Pike to 160mm already. The seat angle is way slack so I slid the seat as far forward as possible. The stock DPS rear shock is wallowy as heck. The bike is 9lbs lighter than what I had so the net is a gain IMO. Thinking of getting the Cascade link and a Rock Shox rear shock.

I had the same bike. First I stretched the Pike out to 160mm. I like it a lot, so went one step further and got a Zeb Ultimate. That made the front end so much better that the deficiencies of the rear became more noticeable. The next step was a Super Deluxe Ultimate. Overall, it was a big improvement. Santa Cruz should have set it up that way originally. That's probably why the Heckler evolved into what it is today.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles