Impressions on my new used 2018 Turbo Levo S-Works

eboy

Apr 10, 2019
Syracuse
Picked this up after a long drive for a Craigslist deal. The nice thing was the bike store that sold this bike to the original owner updated the firmware and gave it a once over. The impression after 3 rides now are:

WOW!

1. AT 5'9" average size guy the large 2018 Levo is perfect, the reach is perfect for me. I can see it working for many sized folks since the standover is low. The medium Trek 18.5" Powerfly7 was 460mm and this is 430mm. So it appears a large may lean into "medium" territory. The guy who sold it to me was 6'4" and he said he was fine with the size.

2. Feels stiff and solid. Much confidence built in. Brakes are beefy.

3. Could be because I am new to plus tires and 27.5 but this bike bordered on "light fat bike" territory.

4. Darn glad I got S-Works because there is still weight to this Levo and moving it around the garage and onto a bike rack required work. But compared to the '18 Haibike Xduro All Mtn 6.0 and '19 Trek Powerfly I demo'd this was noticeably lighter.

5. Dialed in the Mission Control App which is pretty cool. Love the simplicity of the bike just having remote plus/minus button and no intricate display. I think it would be cool to get an Apple Watch now.

6. Walk assist is great.

So psyched!

Mavik

Jan 4, 2019
Malaysia
3. Could be because I am new to plus tires and 27.5 but this bike bordered on "light fat bike" territory.
Are they still on the original Specialized Butcher 2.8" tyres? Try downsizing them to some Maxxis (or your trusted brand tyres) to 2.6" tyres and you will feel a world of a difference. I swapped over to 2.6" DHF fronts and a 2.5" Assegai rear. Didn't like how soft the Butcher sidewalls were.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Good on ya man.

Craigslist is where you go to sell things and end up getting gang raped.....or like in Colorado where a pregnant Mamma went to get baby clothes from another lady on Cl and got knocked out, then the lady cut her open and removed the baby and put it in the bathtub with her(for a selfi) to prove to her BF that she was in fact pregnant.....the baby drown in bathtub water and the victimized would be mamma woke up with an open stomach and no baby and called the police on her cell. The justice department was limited on what they could do because technically she killed an ’unborn‘ baby which is not a murder charge........ Effin crazy world

still.....glad you made it out of CL alive!!! Make sure theres no stitches where important body parts are located!!!!
WTF man . I just wanted a photo of this dudes new bike . And you went all Steven King . Nice rant though .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles