Howdy Yall ! New to the "E' club 2024 Fuel EXe 8 Alloy

shiftlessbikes

Sep 19, 2023
Conway Arkansas
Ordered my bike direct through Trek and it showed up at my LBS within 4 days - couldn't believe it as my last bike took a few months during the covid inventory shortages. I selected the Fuel EXe alloy in Nautical Blue, I felt it had the best component package with the Fox and Shimano XT group. Not worried about light weight carbon bikes anymore as I am now very far from Lightweight. Although I did immediately swap my Bontrager Carbon Kovee Elite wheels onto it. I have two rides at 10+ miles each and I am blown away at how quite and how much boost this bike has. I am a 30+ year mountain biker and I think this is the bike that is going to rekindle my riding passion. At 53 I think I have earned a little boost! (also I live in Arkansas and the trail system here is beyond belief)

keeganxt

Oct 12, 2023
Atlanta
Ordered my bike direct through Trek and it showed up at my LBS within 4 days - couldn't believe it as my last bike took a few months during the covid inventory shortages. I selected the Fuel EXe alloy in Nautical Blue, I felt it had the best component package with the Fox and Shimano XT group. Not worried about light weight carbon bikes anymore as I am now very far from Lightweight. Although I did immediately swap my Bontrager Carbon Kovee Elite wheels onto it. I have two rides at 10+ miles each and I am blown away at how quite and how much boost this bike has. I am a 30+ year mountain biker and I think this is the bike that is going to rekindle my riding passion. At 53 I think I have earned a little boost! (also I live in Arkansas and the trail system here is beyond belief)

Assuming you bought a 2024 Exe 8 XT? If it is that trim, can you tell me if it came with the XT brakes? The Trek site lists SLX/6120 brake calipers, but my LBS stock of XTs are all spec'd with XT brakes instead.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles