Howdy all from Southern Alberta Canada......

BigMikesAdventures

Aug 6, 2024
Alberta
I'm Mike and I do not own an eMTB yet but I'm starting to look into them. I am 6'1" and weigh a whopping 320lbs (23.2 stones) and I want to start riding with the goal of losing weight. I thought an eMTB would be a good exercise that I can start with lots of pedal assist gradually working down to less and less help from the bike.

I am interested in eMTB's as I would like to ride easy trails and I am not interested in all out speed going down (or up) a mountain. My dirt bike days are behind me as I approach my 63 birthday. My budget is $3-4k. I will start by simply riding round my neighbourhood and gradually increasing my distance and I don't want to ride too far away that I am out of steam hence my thoughts about an eBTM.

Any thoughts, suggestions etc?

Cheers!

I just noticed that this is UK forum....I grew up in Cheltenham and spent many years as a teenager riding around the Cotswolds, great memories!

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I'm Mike and I do not own an eMTB yet but I'm starting to look into them. I am 6'1" and weigh a whopping 320lbs (23.2 stones) and I want to start riding with the goal of losing weight. I thought an eMTB would be a good exercise that I can start with lots of pedal assist gradually working down to less and less help from the bike.

I am interested in eMTB's as I would like to ride easy trails and I am not interested in all out speed going down (or up) a mountain. My dirt bike days are behind me as I approach my 63 birthday. My budget is $3-4k. I will start by simply riding round my neighbourhood and gradually increasing my distance and I don't want to ride too far away that I am out of steam hence my thoughts about an eBTM.

Any thoughts, suggestions etc?

Cheers!

I just noticed that this is UK forum....I grew up in Cheltenham and spent many years as a teenager riding around the Cotswolds, great memories!
Everything you said makes sense and an EMTB would be ideal for you.
One thing to watch out for is that most bikes have a maximum weight limit, so be sure to check that out when you start searching for a bike.
This topic has been covered numerous times on the forum so spend plenty of time searching through the posts.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Welcome, Mike...

Nicho has pretty much said what needed to be said...

Site is UK owned and operated but very international in members and content. N. America, all of Europe, Australia and New Zealand, all represented.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles