How to turn on Bosch Intuvia system?

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
A friend of mine has an Bosch equipped ebike. The other day he found that if he turned it on with the switch on the intuvia display there was no speed reading and no power. When we got home we cleaned all the contacts where the intuvia display clips on as well as the contacts on the battery. Now the problem was intermittent but we found that if one turned the power on at the battery, things worked properly. I have two ebikes with the intuvia display and have done over 4000k on both and have always turned the power on with the display - I didn’t even know it was possible to turn on the system from the battery. Since it is easier to turn it on from the display, my friend took his bike to the shop where he had bought it. The mechanic said that you should always turn the bike on from the battery so there was no problem. My feeling is that one should be able to turn the bike on from the display and if you can’t there is something wrong which the shop should fix. Has anyone else been told that it doesn’t matter if the display won’t turn your bike on?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles