How to press in Haibike rocker bearings

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
As there no guide or youtube video out there on how to replace the bearing of the rocker I thought I post how I did it.

A friend of mine went to the lbs and they wouldn't touch it unless they get support of haibike wich they diddnt get so I attempted it myself
Due to the odd shape its very hard to push them in straight

20230228_200056.jpg
20230228_200034.jpg

The only way I found was tapping 1 bearing out and modifying the press kit I had with washer and a nut

My kit is actually a wheel bearing press but its works great for other frame bearings, only thing is you have to fiddle around with different adapters

I applied lots and lots of grease to make it go in easy, but still that was a challenge to push them in straight

If you can create some like I have with an adapter that fits in the bearing and pull it tight with a nut and a washer you can put another one on the other side and tighten that nut

20240518_204606.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
The only way I found was tapping 1 bearing out and modifying the press kit I had with washer and a nut

Very nice. You just proved that it's not necessary to buy every specialized tool that can do only one thing. A craftsman can complete the job with whatever tools are available at the time.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Very nice. You just proved that it's not necessary to buy every specialized tool that can do only one thing. A craftsman can complete the job with whatever tools are available at the time.
Thanks, yea I could have bought some other tools. But most of them are so expensive and maybe once or twice for use.

I've got this toolkit . I can press bearings out with this to.
It's a lookalike of this professional kit

203273572-1158125541.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles