How to Drain battery to 60% without riding my Explore?

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
This is a 2nd ebike that I’m selling and I prefer not to run the odometer up more than the 440 miles I put on it since buying it new and only riding it for a month.

I’ve also kept it in pristine sale condition and I don’t want to ride around in turbo for 2 hours or 30 miles to knock the battery down to 60% for long term storage.

If I leave the front light on that may take a week as it’s an LED.

I think this model has a Micro USB port on the controller. Maybe I can plug an ipad into that port to drain it quicker?

Any ideas?

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
How long are you planning on storing it? If you're selling it a few weeks being left at full charge won't harm it.

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
How long are you planning on storing it? If you're selling it a few weeks being left at full charge won't harm it.
Thanks. Here in Upstate NY we are appraoching winter in several more weeks. I'm looking at probably 7 months of cold and icey weather with occassional snowfall . I doubt there is going to be any interest in buying an ebike until May of 2023.

I'll still leave it listed on several free marketing sites over the winter.

I've read that Lithium batteries last longer if you leave them at 60% of long periods of no use. Lead acid batteries I leave charged fully. I bought a new Lithium battery for my boat trolling motor and did not know not to leave Lithiums fully charged over long periods of non use and I did leave it fully charged and on a trickle charger over last winter. This winter I'll bring that one down to 60% too.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles